GDT: Sabres @ Chicago 8 PM ET TV:MSG Radio:WGR550 - It Has To Get Better

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
So I caught the 1st period and latter half of the 3rd

I didn’t feel like they generated much offense in the 1st despite 2 goals for. Thompson’s was a quick snapshot and malenstyns was a ping pong goal. They didn’t give up much either though. So solid road 1st I suppose. Two goals on limited opportunities and not much against.

The third was fine. They sat back a bit too much…but they limited chances as well. UPL was good when it counted.

Overall a good road game. The late 3rd Pp was a great opportunity to put the game away but it was more Important to kill the 2 minutes than score there.

Feels like the ES is ok at least but the special teams is a tire fire. That isn’t a winning combo but hopefully it’s fixable. Get our PP/PK to middle of the pack and get our secondary scoring going we will have an actual shot at doing something.

Reactions: BowieSabresFan

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I guessed right :)

Ruff is starting to tire. Split Dahlin with Jokiharju and Sammy with Clifton.
I would like to EJ or Bryson in the lineup. You have to sit a Ast captain but he deserves it with his outlandishly dumb play at times.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Well he did have 0 pro coaching experience before coming to the Sabres organization. Most overrated coach. How do some think he should be the heir apparent to Lindy?
If others are like me, its not that we think he SHOULD be the heir apparent, its that we think he is the heir apparent because of the way this organization has been run.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Our 5v5 has been fine to good so it’s whatever. Games like that will happen sometimes
It actually hasn’t been good, aside from corsi.

At 5v5

We’re 5th in the league in corsi for %

28th in shots for %

19th goals for %

17th in expected goals for %

Edit: NST is doing some funky sorting on my phone. Will re-post from my computer later

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad