GBU Sabres - Bruins; Good/Bad/Ugly

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
I'm curious where else I've made that claim other than in here. You may have me confused with someone else. There are plenty of folks who are angry.
Pretty much everyone of your numerous posts in this thread has stated it or implied it. Whatever, this team stinks right now. I am just completely unconvinced the TDL has anything to do with this based on my viewings of how the club was playing well before that.

Reactions: BuffaloGooner

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Pretty much everyone of your numerous posts in this thread has stated it or implied it. Whatever, this team stinks right now. I am just completely unconvinced the TDL has anything to do with this based on my viewings of how the club was playing well before that.

Piggybacking on this:

Our game March 4...the game immediately after the TDL....may have been our best game of the season. That was a team that came out skating hard with a purpose and rolled over the Lightning. I think the next 2 games are what broke this team -- two games we could have won but for various reasons didn't.

I think our limping home is due to a couple of reasons:

1.) Our 2 most important players (Dahlin, Thompson) are CLEARLY playing at well below full health. Tage has no confidence with his shot and Dahlin isn't skating like he used to.
2.) The kids are hitting the wall. Power, Quinn, Peterka, Cozens are all very much a game-to-game thing as to whether or not they're good.
3.) Our strength of schedule has done us zero favors. Since the TDL, 8 of our 9 games have been against teams in or trying to get into the playoffs.
4.) We are what we are -- a borderline playoff team with below-average goaltending and bottom-of-the-barrel defensive play.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I think they were exactly what they were. A very talented, but inconsistent team due to inexperience. Couple that inexperience with a killer end of season schedule and not enough practice time for a team that could really use it, the wheels have fallen off. They'll be much improved next year.
Them being inexperienced is bullsh***. The wheels have fallen off because the coaching staff and GM have done a horrible job of preparing the players to win games. The team as a whole have been horrible in playing a team game. Individual performances have carried the team through games. Whether they are Thompson or Dahlin, the numbers have shown this. It's been that way since last year as well. The wheels look like they are falling off because nobody has been Hercules on the team in any performances.

Greenway - 5 Full seasons 325 GP
Krebs - 2 Full Seasons 122 GP
Okposo - 15 seasons 971 GP
Quinn - 1 Full season 64 GP
Cozens - 3 Seasons 188 GP
Girgensons - 9 Seasons 612 GP
Mittelstadt - 5 Seasons 264 GP
Skinner - 13 Seasons 919 GP
Olofsson - 4 Seasons 255 GP
Thompson - 4 Seasons 292 GP
Peterka - 1 Season 66 GP
Tuch - 6 Seasons 366 GP

Joker - 5 Seasons 260 GP
Power - 1 Season 74 GP
Dahlin - 5 Seasons 342 GP
Clague - 4 Seasons 88 GP
Lyubushkin - 6 Seasons 266 GP
Stillman - 5 Seasons 147 GP

UPL - 1 Season 30 GP

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Them being inexperienced is bullsh***. The wheels have fallen off because the coaching staff and GM have done a horrible job of preparing the players to win games. The team as a whole have been horrible in playing a team game. Individual performances have carried the team through games. Whether they are Thompson or Dahlin, the numbers have shown this. It's been that way since last year as well. The wheels look like they are falling off because nobody has been Hercules on the team in any performances.

Peterka - 1 Season 66 GP
Tuch - 6 Seasons 366 GP

Joker - 5 Seasons 260 GP
Power - 1 Season 74 GP
Clague - 4 Seasons 88 GP

UPL - 1 Season 30 GP

Now do playoff games. This team is full of inexperience when it comes to being on good teams who are fighting for a playoff spot or have actually been in the playoffs. Greenway, Tuch, Okposo, Boosh and Anderson are the only ones with any sort of meaningful playoff experence.

So yes, by and large, this team IS inexperienced as regards playoff games and playoff pushes.

Reactions: BowieSabresFan

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Peterka - 1 Season 66 GP
Tuch - 6 Seasons 366 GP

Joker - 5 Seasons 260 GP
Power - 1 Season 74 GP
Clague - 4 Seasons 88 GP

UPL - 1 Season 30 GP
What a pointless and incorrect hill to die on.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Numerous? Didn't realize agreeing with Stokes and then expanding my take in another post was "numerous" but okay.

They look tired and inconsistent. They have had some runs where they just got pasted. In recent weeks they're playing with fewer and fewer guys at 100%. Yet the end of the last Bruins game was the first time this year where it looked like they quit. And that's carried over, even since the close losses to the Oilers and more importantly the Islanders.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Now do playoff games. This team is full of inexperience when it comes to being on good teams who are fighting for a playoff spot or have actually been in the playoffs. Greenway, Tuch, Okposo, Boosh and Anderson are the only ones with any sort of meaningful playoff experence.

So yes, by and large, this team IS inexperienced as regards playoff games and playoff pushes.
They are in full control of whether or not they get that playoff experience. They have plenty of experience in the league to improve and change their mindset to fight for that experience. Many have experienced this same frustration season to season. I have no sympathy for a bunch of players that are not willing to fight to overcome that draught.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
They are in full control of whether or not they get that playoff experience.

In every game, there are two teams. Not every team wins every game. Sometimes the other team outplays you. Sometimes the breaks don't go your way.

To say that we are in "full control" of our playoff destiny is a severe over-simplification.

Some here act like we should win every game....never allow any goals and score on every shot.

Reactions: BowieSabresFan

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
In every game, there are two teams. Not every team wins every game. Sometimes the other team outplays you. Sometimes the breaks don't go your way.

To say that we are in "full control" of our playoff destiny is a severe over-simplification.

Some here act like we should win every game....never allow any goals and score on every shot.
Does just making the playoffs require you to win every game, never allow any goals, and score on every shot? Because I haven't heard anyone say we should end up with 164 points. People want the team to play like they want to win, If buffalo loses 5-3 against Boston but looks competitive I guarantee this thread is completely different. We just don't want them to phone it in like they have the last two games.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Does just making the playoffs require you to win every game, never allow any goals, and score on every shot? Because I haven't heard anyone say we should end up with 164 points. People want the team to play like they want to win, If buffalo loses 5-3 against Boston but looks competitive I guarantee this thread is completely different. We just don't want them to phone it in like they have the last two games.
Well said, you did better putting it into words than I did

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
😂🤣 LOL thanks for the laugh. They suck and always will. 50+ years and 0 to show for it. The Red Sox had the curse of the Bambino. We have the 1970 curse since the Canucks have the same luck-none. Maybe in another 50 years our luck will change. Oh well. Enjoy your Stanley Cup this summer
Bruins only have one cup in 53 years. It is fun this season but no cup guarantee.

I am 70 and remember 1970 and 1972. I thought the Bs would never win another cup in my lifetime. They sucked.

When I first got my ST (20 years ago) the Bs were NOT good. The folks I worked with would mock me for having ST. There were only 3000 STH at that time and many were there since the Old Garden.

If you guys are posting here, you are probably big fans. If you can afford to now is the time to get ST. Once they get good (fairly soon I would bet) it is more difficult and less choice for seats.

Tage T. looks like the real deal. You have lots of cap space.

Good Luck!

yasky

Nov 29, 2021
When you ice 4 AHL Defencemen and an AHL goaltender against the league's best team this is what happens.

Management has to address the back end... By not doing so at TDL they sent the message loud and clear that they were punting on this season. Levi could help, but I don't like any of their D prospects, let alone Joker, Clague, Boosh, and Stillman. Drafting another forward in the 8-14 slot isn't gonna do it either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad