Speculation: Sabres 1st round pick (11th overall) in play

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Do they want a higher end right shot D than Clifton/Jokiharju? Or are they okay playing 1-2 of Byram/Dahlin/Power/Samuelsson on their off side?

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
What does Buffalo need that they would offer the pick for? Do they have expiring cap dumps they would include in a deal,?

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
What does Buffalo need that they would offer the pick for? Do they have expiring cap dumps they would include in a deal,?
The need a matchup center and a top 6 winger.

Do they want a higher end right shot D than Clifton/Jokiharju? Or are they okay playing 1-2 of Byram/Dahlin/Power/Samuelsson on their off side?
Dahlin generally plays on the right so they have 3 and 3. A lot of people seem to think they want to trade Jokiharju but that throws things off even more, so I doubt it.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

I would go:

Byram/Power - Dahlin
Power/Byram - Jokiharju (if re-signed)
Samuelsson - Clifton

Byram just needs to step up.

Last edited:
Reactions: seafoam

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
The need a matchup center and a top 6 winger.

Dahlin generally plays on the right so they have 3 and 3. A lot of people seem to think they want to trade Jokiharju but that throws things off even more, so I doubt it.
Both would be MUCH cheaper than 11th over however...

• NYI is willing to move Pageau, but he has a M-NTC that Buffalo may or may not be on.
  • Cizikas probably won't be traded, but doesn't have any trade protection.

Reactions: Ciao

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I get the idea, but I can see BUF improving just with the players they have now, and a couple of big, gritty depth players. They don't need more smallish, skilled forwards, or LHD. Goalie seems to be ok, too?

I am not a big fan, but maybe Crouse for the 11th? Might be a bit of an overpay, but the Sabres could use his type of player. Trouble is, I don't know if Utah wants picks, anyway, they are swimming in them. They probably want to be relevant next year to attract fans to the new team. Parayko seems too old, and contract too long, but you don't get a big, top 2 RHD in his prime for a #11. Necas? Scratching my head to think of a RHD who would be a fit.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Talk of getting rid of Skinner. NMC though.

Need 3C. Top 6 winger (maybe). Toughness.

Not trading 11 for mediocre bottom 6.
People really need to stop with Skinner buyout and trades. They are not going to happen. Yes, he's overpaid at $9 M but Ruff can get $5 M of value from him, I believe. He is not a nothing. That is just ridiculous.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I get the idea, but I can see BUF improving just with the players they have now, and a couple of big, gritty depth players. They don't need more smallish, skilled forwards, or LHD. Goalie seems to be ok, too?

I am not a big fan, but maybe Crouse for the 11th? Might be a bit of an overpay, but the Sabres could use his type of player. Trouble is, I don't know if Utah wants picks, anyway, they are swimming in them. They probably want to be relevant next year to attract fans to the new team. Parayko seems too old, and contract too long, but you don't get a big, top 2 RHD in his prime for a #11. Necas? Scratching my head to think of a RHD who would be a fit.
Crouse for 11th would be fine, but like you say, Utah isn't looking to move players for picks.

I don't think Necas or Paryako are what the Sabres need. They need scoring wingers that play heavy (Crouse is perfect) and a 3C.

Colton and Sturm are players I can see them targeting, but 11th OA is too much for them. Cirelli is another, but Tampa will undoubtedly keep him.

Josh Norris + B prospect for 11OA.
No one is touching a player who's recovering from his third shoulder surgery.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Dont couny on this getting moved outright.

Buffalos needs are 3C which 11th is as n overpayment.

Jokiharju is arbveligiblr but resigning him take them over th h eff ideal money spent on D/G with nobody big coming off
Johnson can be play as 3rd pair

Sam'dahlin
Power'Byram
Johnson-Cifton

I see something more like

11OA+Krebs+jokiharju for their 1stt+3C or bottom 6 winger+ a U24 player.

If its s better player thrn maybe Peterka is traded instead of krebs

• Haha
Reactions: Trow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad