Proposal: Saad to Columbus

BluesReport25

Jul 3, 2023
I think Saad to Columbus could be a great fit now for both teams.

For the Blues, I would really like to see Bolduc play consistent top 6 minutes and Saad is blocking him from doing that. Also, with younger players like Dvorsky and Snuggerud coming, the Blues simply need more open top 9 spots.

For Columbus, they desperately need wingers right now because of all their injuries. Why not get a familiar face in Saad who is a lock for 20 goals and has been healthy his entire time with the Blues? Also, his 4.5 million cap hit for this year and next year is fair for what he brings to the team.

What would Columbus be willing to offer? The Blues need RHD prospects the most and on their NHL squad they need a legit top 4 LHD who can play with Parayko. Provorov seems like an interesting fit, but I've never been the biggest fan of his.

Also, what's up with David Jiricek? I keep tabs on him because the Blues have his brother now and I think it would be cool to pair the two together some day. Either way why is Jack Johnson playing over Jiricek? Makes no sense I would think either send him down to dominate the AHL with Mateychuk or play him 3rd pair and let him make mistakes and learn. Unless he wants an NHL paycheck and doesn't want to go to the AHL

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I think Saad to Columbus could be a great fit now for both teams.

For the Blues, I would really like to see Bolduc play consistent top 6 minutes and Saad is blocking him from doing that. Also, with younger players like Dvorsky and Snuggerud coming, the Blues simply need more open top 9 spots.

For Columbus, they desperately need wingers right now because of all their injuries. Why not get a familiar face in Saad who is a lock for 20 goals and has been healthy his entire time with the Blues? Also, his 4.5 million cap hit for this year and next year is fair for what he brings to the team.

What would Columbus be willing to offer? The Blues need RHD prospects the most and on their NHL squad they need a legit top 4 LHD who can play with Parayko. Provorov seems like an interesting fit, but I've never been the biggest fan of his.

Also, what's up with David Jiricek? I keep tabs on him because the Blues have his brother now and I think it would be cool to pair the two together some day. Either way why is Jack Johnson playing over Jiricek? Makes no sense I would think either send him down to dominate the AHL with Mateychuk or play him 3rd pair and let him make mistakes and learn. Unless he wants an NHL paycheck and doesn't want to go to the AHL

Saad isn’t worth a ton. Definitely not Jericek. We might be able to get a couple of 2nd rounds. We really don’t need anymore b level prospects - which is what Columbus would want.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Yeah I don't expect Columbus wanting to pay too much for guys to be pushed down eventually. Would be nice to have someone who can play with Fantilli though

BluesReport25

Jul 3, 2023
Saad isn’t worth a ton. Definitely not Jericek. We might be able to get a couple of 2nd rounds. We really don’t need anymore b level prospects - which is what Columbus would want.
Sorry, definitely not saying Jiricek for Saad. Was more asking what's up with Jiricek and why he is playing so little. It would cost a lot more than Saad to get Jiricek.

Reactions: Frenzy31

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Jiricek for Neighbours
I would say yes to this as someone who thinks Neighbours is going to be a Blues captain someday. Neighbours would be beloved there with the way he plays. Am I missing some issue with Jiricek? I have to take a #1D prospect for Neighbours in the Blues' situation

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Bolduc has had consitent top 6 minutes the last few games and has done little to show for it. As a Blues fan, I am not interested in trading Saad right now unless a team offers something pretty good and not simply to get rid of him to give Bolduc more playing time. The Blues need all the supplementary scoring we can get right now.

If a team offers a fairly good RHD prospect then I may reconsider. I don't know enough about either prospect mentioned in this thread to say yes or no.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Blues likely do need to move Saad to ensure they have cap room for their rfas coming off elc like Neifhbours. CBJ is short 2nd rounders. And he’s not worth the potential of Joricek.

It’s not a move they have to make but before July 1, I do expect Stl to move Saad.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Jiricek for Neighbours

What going on with Jiricek. Based on what I have read last year, he seems a bit entitled. How do Jackets fans feel about him? And a few years into his development is he moving forward or stagnant?

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
What going on with Jiricek. Based on what I have read last year, he seems a bit entitled. How do Jackets fans feel about him? And a few years into his development is he moving forward or stagnant?
I believe many Jackets fans feel he hasn’t proven he’s an NHL level defenseman to be demanding NHL ice time

Reactions: Napoli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad