Ryan Suter vs Roman Josi vs Shea Weber (Career)

Rank them

• Total voters

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
1. Josi- a bit of a late bloomer, hard to deny his accolades and impact. He is the engine of the Preds and has the largest impact to his team of the three.

2. Weber- he sustained a long period of play among the leagues best, he could do it all. Absolutely robbed of a Norris in 11/12.

3. Suter- not getting slept on by having him third, he has had a phenomenal career. Arguably more sustained level of play than Weber. He lacks the flash or accolades to be voted higher though.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I got Weber, Josi, Suter right now but Josi still has time to change my mind.

All three are just phenomenal defensemen.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Weber and Suter played most of their primes together. Josi had a longer prime and did it mostly on his own. I understand Ekholm was on the same team but they played different pairing

Imagine Nashville with a star forward other than Forsberg.

This is a team that had these guys in the last 15 years.

Weber
Suter
Josi
Subban
Ekholm
Ellis
Jones
etc

Reactions: Felidae

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
And did you ever think why? Fans tend to like their elite Defenders, no? Is it because fans have though that he is overpaid, although his salary was lower than others in this comparison?
As one of those fans, that's not it. He was paid fairly, and then underpaid, and then paid fairly again, and then overpaid only in his last year with the team. Overall, he gave more value in his play than his cap hit would imply, in my opinion.

His being disliked by Minnesota fans has more to do with his cap hit still affecting the team, combined with the stuff that has come out in the media about him. It's also not a unanimous thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad