Anthony Duclair Cuts Hair, Shaves Beard Ahead Of First Training Camp With Islanders

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
armin-part-2.png

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Why on earth would you imply it’s Lou’s fault without any sort of proof? Dishonorable behavior.

Dude cut off his locks, after joining the only team in the league with a no long hair/no facial hair policy... “res ipsa loquitur”

Was it actually an order from front office to Duclair? All I see is a picture with zero backstory or information

Knowing Lamoriello’s Rules, Anthony Duclair Cuts Hair, Shaves Beard Ahead Of First Training Camp With Islanders

Last edited:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Dude cut off his locks, after joining the only team in the league with a no long hair/no facial hair policy... “res ipsa loquitur”

Knowing Lamoriello’s Rules, Anthony Duclair Cuts Hair, Shaves Beard Ahead Of First Training Camp With Islanders

let’s say he cut it off for Lou. That doesn’t mean that this was sprung on Duclair out of nowhere that Lou might have this policy. I think there are people who are just trying to reach with their outlandish inferences.

• Haha
Reactions: OKR and PaulD

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
A reprisal of Wilt Chamberlain and John Wooden?

You can't make me cut my hair, coach!

No, but I decide who plays for the UCLA Bruins, and we're going to miss you, Wilt.

Seriously, "enforcing" a personal grooming policy in this day and age is laughable.

Nogatco Rd

Apr 3, 2021
let’s say he cut it off for Lou. That doesn’t mean that this was sprung on Duclair out of nowhere that Lou might have this policy. I think there are people who are just trying to reach with their outlandish inferences.
Who said it was sprung out of nowhere? What outlandish inferences are being made?

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
A reprisal of Wilt Chamberlain and John Wooden?

You can't make me cut my hair, coach!

No, but I decide who plays for the UCLA Bruins, and we're going to miss you, Wilt.

Seriously, "enforcing" a personal grooming policy in this day and age is laughable.

Completely erroneous. Wilt played at Kansas University not UCLA. So this conversation that you’re hamfisting about was probably between Alcindor or Walton. Most likely it’s Walton.

Just so sad.

Last edited:

Nogatco Rd

Apr 3, 2021
Then why do you think this is a thread if Lous policy is known?
I’m not really sure what you’re trying to say.

Lou’s old school persona and old fashioned team policies are a novelty in modern pro sports and are naturally an ongoing source of amusement for many people here. No idea why you seem to be taking it so personally.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
What if a player just said no? Like I get it for the Yankees because they're the Yankees even in 2024 but the Islanders haven't had any recent success and Lamoriello is years past his best before date. What is he going to do?
If it comes to that, Duclair could be effectively suspended by the team and eventually shipped out of town. Considering he signed with the Isles possessing full knowledge of all of this, it would be a pretty dumb reason to cause such a stink.

I think most people cringe at the idea of this rule, as evidenced by the other 31 teams' lack of need for it, but when you just signed a multimillion-dollar contract with that one particular team, you are responsible for following its rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad