GDT: Game 4 - SKA vs Traktor - Thurs Sept 12 12:30 EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Slafkovskys first season in the NHL he did 10-13 minutes a game usually. I can't remember perfectly but looking at the most common linemates he was usually playing with the teams 3rd and 4th liners. Then he got injured, and started the 23-24 season getting around 13 mins a night again. Eventually he got his ice time bump and then the production again.

So far Demidovs KHL season is starting like Slafs NHL rookie season (in terms of TOI anyway Demidov is hovering around 10 mins a night). He's also coming off a serious injury last season. It's the second best league in the world, so maybe it's not the end of the world easing an 18-year old playing on one of the top KHL clubs into the league for the first couple months.

Reactions: bopeep

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
If the choice is 5 minutes on a 4th line in St Petersburg or 12 minutes with MSL, it’s not even close what should happen.

Break him out of there.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Slafkovskys first season in the NHL he did 10-13 minutes a game usually. I can't remember perfectly but looking at the most common linemates he was usually playing with the teams 3rd and 4th liners. Then he got injured, and started the 23-24 season getting around 13 mins a night again. Eventually he got his ice time bump and then the production again.

So far Demidovs KHL season is starting like Slafs NHL rookie season (in terms of TOI anyway Demidov is hovering around 10 mins a night). He's also coming off a serious injury last season. It's the second best league in the world, so maybe it's not the end of the world easing an 18-year old playing on one of the top KHL clubs into the league for the first couple months.

Slaf played slightly more, but it was the NHL and he was really threading water in his first year... Full disclosure here, I do have a Demidov avatar and I'm sure I'm biased, so take this as you will. Demidov looks like the best player on SKA. He constantly makes things happen in the smallest windows of icetime.

I wish I would buy the preferring veteran vs rookie excuse but I don't. I don't believe Rottenberg is so incompetent that he doesn't see just how good Demidov is already is and that he could help him win.

10 minutes is the border line for an 18 year old. Any lower and he needs play time elsewhere. In the VHL or NA

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Slaf played slightly more, but it was the NHL and he was really threading water in his first year... Full disclosure here, I do have a Demidov avatar and I'm sure I'm biased, so take this as you will. Demidov looks like the best player on SKA. He constantly makes things happen in the smallest windows of icetime.

I wish I would buy the preferring veteran vs rookie excuse but I don't. I don't believe Rottenberg is so incompetent that he doesn't see just how good Demidov is already is and that he could help him win.

10 minutes is the border line for an 18 year old. Any lower and he needs play time elsewhere. In the VHL or NA

If the coaches just let Demidov waltz into the khl and he dominates, it's hard to take credit. But dick Demi around a bit, f*** with his minutes, demote him, re-promote him, etc. At least then you can fool yourself (your boss, local media) into thinking you had an effect.

• Love
Reactions: Rapala

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
If the coaches just let Demidov waltz into the khl and he dominates, it's hard to take credit. But dick Demi around a bit, f*** with his minutes, demote him, re-promote him, etc. At least then you can fool yourself (your boss, local media) into thinking you had an effect.
That's true. I wonder if Rottenberg knew just how good Demidov would be off the bat. It would have been easier if Demidov was filling the mandatory role of U-20 player and would struggle at first and incrementally improve. He's instead flying out there to the point where he makes Kuznetsov and others look ridiculously bad in comparison. What does it say about SKA that an 18 year old is your best player on Day 1, helps you win and then disappears for nothing to the NHL.

Reactions: overlords

Next Best Thing

Oct 31, 2022
I'm not worried yet. Let's see how this all plays out and how Demidov responds. Remember he will be playing against opposition's 4th line as well.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's hard to imagine Romen Rotenberg fooling himself any more than he already is. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: overlords

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015

Rotenberg re: young players "If a hockey player deserves playing time, he will play."

Yeah it sure doesn't seem like it man. You've got him playing with Tankov and a defenseman on the 4th line.

dauv

Sep 23, 2022
You guys need to take chill pills. Not a huge deal. He's probably been coddled his entire hockey career. This might be good for him in the long run. A little humility can go a long way in life.
NO, I don't accept this, everything should be handed to him for free. Remember KK, he was handed everything right away and that worked out great, He is currently a Top 10 player in the league leading the Hurricanes

Oh wait....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad