Value of: Ryan Sproul to EDM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
I don't think we need to trade sproul right now. His value is low, potential is high, and he just had a pretty good season. Bad timing to trade him.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
wings do not add and wing fans say the oilers add

No, wings add. Value speaking (to answer the question)
But trade speaking
Bad time to trade sproul.
Yak doesn't seem like a wings fit, needs a two way game and would probably be in the dog house a bit.
Wings have a lot of wingers
Wings have no cap
No room
If we trade Gus for fowler then maybe go for yak

ChefTO

Jan 13, 2010
Detroit needs to shed cap and help on defense. How does this proposal solve either?

Did not know the needs of DET, hence the question in my original post. Thanks for the response though, doesn't sound like were the best trade partners at the moment. Where does Sproul fit in on the Wings, looks crowded back there?

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
The oil can probably grab him off waivers this year, IIRC he along with Ouellet and Jensen are waiver eligible this season and with Kronwall, Ericsson, Green, Dekeyser, Marchenko, and Smith all signed Sproul is likely gonna be one of the 2 exposed to waivers.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
The oil can probably grab him off waivers this year, IIRC he along with Ouellet and Jensen are waiver eligible this season and with Kronwall, Ericsson, Green, Dekeyser, Marchenko, and Smith all signed Sproul is likely gonna be one of the 2 exposed to waivers.

Pretty much this.

1 Sproul
2 Jensen
3 Frk

Pretty much how i see it unfolding.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Thanks WingsFans....

You guys are pretty balanced bunch. That must come from respecting the word "prospect".

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Definitely a guy that intrigues me as a possible bottom pairing guy and PP option for us.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Thanks WingsFans....

You guys are pretty balanced bunch. That must come from respecting the word "prospect".

This . I always like Wings threads . No bashing at all . Their fans just state the facts without any of the mud slinging you get from a lot of fan bases . They are one of the few fan bases that deserves what their team has done over the last 20 years .

Classy fan base . Well done Wings fans

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
What would work for these teams to swing a deal?

Yak for Sproul and 2017 2nd... is that a start??

I not sure Yakupov is available but reading the waiver thread it seems Wings fans think he will be available thru waivers . If that is the case I would offer a mid round pick for him . Gives us a little more D depth and also lets him have training camp with his new team to get use to a new system/coach.

Would a 4th or 5th round pick get it done ?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I don't think we need to trade sproul right now. His value is low, potential is high, and he just had a pretty good season. Bad timing to trade him.
this^...

wings do not add and wing fans say the oilers add
supercedes this ^.

No chance the Oilers trade Yak for Sproul.
Yak overrated.

This . I always like Wings threads . No bashing at all . Their fans just state the facts without any of the mud slinging you get from a lot of fan bases . They are one of the few fan bases that deserves what their team has done over the last 20 years .

Classy fan base . Well done Wings fans

generally very true:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
From an Oilers POV, I'd like to trade

Yakupov

FOR

Brandon Montour (Anaheim)

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
First of all, if you really want Sproul, you could probably take him from waivers at the start of the season - I believe XO would be the one who sits at pressbox all year. And we don't need or can take Yakupov now that Datsyuk left. I believe there is no deal to be done between Wings and Oilers.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

Yakupov

FOR

Along with every other Oiler fan but there no chance in hell Yak returns Montour . We had this debate before the cost of defence men and you thought I was out to lunch and then we now have the Hall trade to judge the cost . No one gives up high end D or potential high end ones unless they are convinced with an overpayment .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

Yakupov

FOR

By who?

He's not going to be traded for a waiver eligible defenseman. How is that overrating?

See above . Most fans base consider Yak a bust . I really think he will break out now that Hall is gone . I just think Hall was a leader of a little group of young guys and Yak was isolated because he doesn't party . I would not trade Yak right now his value is to low . If anything play him with McD pump and dump but only if he still wants a trade

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
If the Wings didn't sign a bunch of vets and had the room for another forward, I wouldn't have a problem making a trade at Sproul + 3rd or 4th. But it's not possible unless we traded forwards for a D, which Holland is unlikely to do.

I'm not sure if Yak would be any better off here. The one positive is that he would be insulated by vets and two-way players. The problem is that he likely wouldn't get any bigger of a role than he did in Edmonton. We have young players that actually diverse a chance at taking a higher role and yet we keep signing vets and giving them no chance.

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
Along with every other Oiler fan but there no chance in hell Yak returns Montour . We had this debate before the cost of defence men and you thought I was out to lunch and then we now have the Hall trade to judge the cost . No one gives up high end D or potential high end ones unless they are convinced with an overpayment .

Montour is an AHL defenceman.

Yakupov, with all his flaws, is an NHL forward.

Yakupov still has strong upside, he needs to be put in a good position to succeed. If he was on the left wing with Getzlaf and Perry for a full season he should be good for 30.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad