Confirmed with Link: Ryan McLeod & Ty Tullio traded to Buffalo for Matthew Savoie

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Poltapov is higher than Savoie? Am i misunderstanding?
Rosen. I replied to a post that referenced management being higher on Rosen than Savoie. I think they are higher on prospects taken later like Neuchev Poltapov and Wahlberg making a contribution above their draft position like JJ did.

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
I don't hate the deal, had to move prospects and actually start building a team. And this trade makes a lot of sense

However we might want to start to limit Adams moving out prospects until we see some results

Now two trades in a row where the value coming in was seen as much less as what was sent out

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
However we might want to start to limit Adams moving out prospects until we see some results
Are you going to slash his tires or something?

This reeks of the Oilers having the leverage in this situation and using it to get Savoie.

Don’t start going down some conspiracy rabbit hole because you’re angry. I say that with respect, not nastiness.
tough love.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
It's obvious to me that any GM would be twisting Adams' balls given the amount of prospects he has and the pressure he's under heading into this season. If we don't make the playoffs, he'll be fired.

Reactions: Krieger Bot

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
This reeks of the Oilers having the leverage in this situation and using it to get Savoie.

Don’t start going down some conspiracy rabbit hole because you’re angry. I say that with respect, not nastiness.
Leverage to get McLeod? Lol. You really don’t think Appert is going to tell his head coach how good Rosen and Kulich are?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
One of the things I just can’t square in my head is when people say “he’s too good a prospect and a clear future top six star!” You know who doesn’t think that? The people who drafted him and have watched him and worked with him for two years. Or they wouldn’t have moved him. They can be wrong…anyone can. But you can’t be both blown away by their scouts and the work they’ve done and then say they don’t know what they’re doing with a player they’ve scouted more than any team in the league. It doesn’t make sense.

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
Adams is officially the anti tim Murray

Tim Murray gave up as much as it took to get his guys and fans loved each move

Adams finally does it and he gets roasted

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
The good news is all of you with #71 Olofsson jerseys may be able to convert them to McLeod.

Seriously Sorrentino Sports on Military in Tonawanda will do it very reasonably if you remove the old nameplate yourself
And really, who hasn’t done that already

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Leverage to get McLeod? Lol. You really don’t think Appert is going to tell his head coach how good Rosen and Kulich are?
Adams doesn't know how good Kulich, Savoie and Rosen are? Oilers could have asked specifically only Savoie.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Savoie got injured in last year's TC when he was tracking to make the team. Benson eventually won that spot, and we couldn't take him off the ice.
i think benson immediately showing up had more to do with savoie shaking free than anything else. Benson doesn't become a full timer and I dont think Savoie is a touchable prospect. But with Benson up, Kulich needing a plan to come up, Helenius having some small potential as being a dark horse guy, Savoie becomes another piece instead of the piece.

But when your favorite prospect gets traded, it never feels good. You always have that tinge of what will we miss out on.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
One of the things I just can’t square in my head is when people say “he’s too good a prospect and a clear future top six star!” You know who doesn’t think that? The people who drafted him and have watched him and worked with him for two years. Or they wouldn’t have moved him. They can be wrong…anyone can. But you can’t be both blown away by their scouts and the work they’ve done and then say they don’t know what they’re doing with a player they’ve scouted more than any team in the league. It doesn’t make sense.
The positions that 1) they adequately assessed his value and 2) that assessed value didn’t determine whether he was traded or what for aren’t mutually exclusive if you think the organization is a clown show

I’m not convinced it’s the case but they’re logically consistent

Reactions: Krieger Bot

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
That line of thinking can go both ways. If McLeod is such a defensive stud 3C, then why would the Oilers move him for futures when they are in win-now mode?

They replaced him with Henrique, knowing that would put them over the cap.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad