Confirmed with Link: Ryan McLeod & Ty Tullio traded to Buffalo for Matthew Savoie

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
He takes tons of chances away and causes giveaways with his speed a lot. But it gets really frustrating watching him turn down hits on the forechecks, especially when he is the first guy down there most of the time. You will def need to pair him with some physical big boys to have an effective checking line.
We got them with Greenway and Benson. You'll love Savoie. He's going to tear it up in EDM. Buffalo just has a surplus of promising young players.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The Sabres get a legit 3rd line C and people are mad it cost Savoie .

I like the trade and plus we just drafted Helenius so we are fine .

We don’t have room for all of these draft picks
I dont see a lot of people made. Just a few. Stay away from the main boards trade thread, though.

Reactions: KrakenSabresMike

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
We got them with Greenway and Benson. You'll love Savoie. He's going to tear it up in EDM. Buffalo just has a surplus of promising young players.

Absolutely pumped with Savoie - hometown boy too.

But ditto your way. You guys will love Mcleod as well. He fits Buffalos timeline like a glove and is an instant productive piece. I believe in his offensive potential a bit more then some, really can see him pitching in 15-20 goals in for you guys in his prime years.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
This is a tough one to swallow for me because Savoie was my favorite prospect since we drafted him and I still think he has a Point-esque ceiling.

But I recognize we dealt from a surplus to improve a weakness, and for that I commend Kev. I hope this deal works out for everyone.

Curious to see how Krebs fits in. I wonder if there’s another move coming (maybe something like Krebs+Rosen for Farabee?).

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I know it doesn't hurt that much, personally, losing Savoie cause we did get a responsible 3C &.. Kulich, Savoie, Ostlund, Rosen, Helenius, Benson we weren't going to keep them ALL around long term no matter how you look at it. In my opinion anyways. There just isn't enough room.

Savoie has a bit of injury history & I do wish him well & hope he flourishes in Eddy

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
It was always difficult to find a place for Savoie on this team long-term. He needs to be in the top-6 to be effective - but who is he going to displace? Quinn? Peterka? Benson? Tuch?

I've been down on Savoie for a bit now as a prospect. Seemed like he peaked early and hasn't developed as the Sabres had hoped. He's also fairly consistently banged up.

With all that being said though - this is an overpay. No way around it. Does it make our team better next year? Yes. Does it fill a need? Yes. Is this lopsided in terms of value? Yes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad