Confirmed with Link: Ryan McLeod & Ty Tullio traded to Buffalo for Matthew Savoie

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Oiler fan here - is there something about Savoie I'm missing that would make him not that attractive? All I know is he scores and has a ton of skill.

As far as McLeod goes, he has all the tools, but is deathly afraid of the middle of the ice and is incredibly soft. Has issues elevating when he needs to and was a liability the whole playoff. He goes on stretches where you think you have a real player, then takes 20 games off where he is a complete zero.

There's a lot of player there if he can find the right fit with team and coach, but he hasn't found any semblance of that yet.

Reactions: zuikan and Daz28

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Sticker shock will wear off eventually. Not all the prospects can make it here. And they desperately need older but still young players who can already play and aren't top six skill wingers. They had 3 guys for one spot between Savoie, Rosen and Kulick. Spoiler: they picked Kulich over a year ago. And Benson falling to them only sealed the deal for Savoie here.

He could be really really good. It was going to be somewhere else for a while now imo

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Can anyone tell me more about Ryan McLeod?

Speedy and defensively responsible. Can fill in top 6 in a pinch but is much more suited as a third liner. Great defensive analytics. Think he can easily be perennial 15 goal scorer.

His biggest knocks is he can get disappear in big games and is painfully soft when it comes to dishing or taking contact.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Eventually they had to move prospects. Picking as many as they did decreases the value of the entire group. He made this problem and now he faces the outcome. Like the trade, value is questionable, roster is improved. Message also sent that this season has different expectations. He is not waiting on prospects.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Love these boards so much. 2 trades filling holes that OMG FIRE ADAMS IF HE DOESNT FILL. And there’s still complaining.
I think if you put together the venn diagram of people that think Adams overpaid and people who wanted to address the center position with a 3c/roster player, there wont' be much overlap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad