RW William Dufour - Drummondville, QMJHL (2020, 152nd, NYI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

lafellaesobar

Jun 10, 2022
I was the skills coach of the Saguenéens when he had play there.

He had a back then a good shot, especially on his left leg (Opposite leg) He really improve his one-time, but he had to improve his shooting in stride. I don't see him often shot on his right leg. To be effective shooter in the NHL, he had to improve this

Back then, some say his skating was a issue. I don't see it. I found that his first 2-3 step is slow (especially for the NHL) but his crossover is very very good, for me. He found how to stay in movement (difficult for winger

He his very dangerous on 1 vs 1 Rush, cold do more with the second wave of attack, but he's not his style.

I think he will have to adapt a ;little bit his style to be a NHL. But he has a lot of tools, and I love this kid
so at his best, i could see a guy like him being like Alex Tuch

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
so at his best, i could see a guy like him being like Alex Tuch

at his very very best. I love Alex Tuch, but it his actually a good stylistic comparable

But Alex Tuch is a powerful player on the OZP. I don't know if Dufour can get out of corner like him, and keep and protect the puck like him.

Reactions: lafellaesobar

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
at his very very best. I love Alex Tuch, but it his actually a good stylistic comparable

But Alex Tuch is a powerful player on the OZP. I don't know if Dufour can get out of corner like him, and keep and protect the puck like him.

I've been saying Tuch or James Neal for months now. Think he's closer to Neal with the lack of mobility. Thank you for the report, BTW.

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
The difference is that Dufour is very dangerous 1 vs 1 off the rush with his size, shoot, and his speed.

Neal is also a very very very good NHL player on the Power-Play. But yeah, the way they score there goal are comparable

But I love the Tuch comparaison. It's the best one. I will check my développement plan with him, I'm intrigued

Reactions: BelovedIsles

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He looks good. Maybe he will end up being what NYI expected Bellows to be?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Has the lowest and heaviest shot I've seen come through the Islanders organization in a very long time.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Such a quick release
Quick and heavy! Not saying he will score like him in his best years but his size and shot reminds me a little of Alexander Semin.

Also, watching him in the memorial cup and in the preseason against pros he moves a lot better than I expected. Think he can definitely become a legit middle6/top9 goal scoring winger.

Reactions: sebsisles

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Big Bump.

Making his NHL debut tonight. Skated on the top line with Barzal and Bailey this AM.
and got absolutely mishandled thanks to Lambert. amazing management by the islanders to also not put him on PP1 when their power play has been god awful.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Call up a young scoring forward to play him 6:48 with no PP time seems like a bad idea.

Coaches don't map out everyone's ice time before the game and then stick to that plan religiously.

He was given a look, didn't appear to be quite ready for it, and was used sparingly the rest of the night. Happens all the time, and it was only one game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad