RW William Dufour - Drummondville, QMJHL (2020, 152nd, NYI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Very exciting. Has legit NHL potential. Will be awesome to see him play pro next year most likely in the AHL

lafellaesobar

Jun 10, 2022
Gonna say that Dufour makes the islanders roster in 2024, since he's gonna need all the time in the world to learn in Bridgeport alongside Raty. Maybe Dufour breaks our crappy luck of drafting players past rounds 2-7 since 2015, because it's been all mediocrity since.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
There’s definitely things to pick apart in his game but if he can be a 15 goal scorer in the show id be very happy for a fifth rounder.

What I like is his shot obviously but he’s very opportunistic and finds the open areas and as long as he can keep up with the pace of the NHL he’ll be productive with those traits.

Next year I’d like to see how he, Raaty, Koivula and Holmstrom perform

Reactions: sebsisles

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
There’s definitely things to pick apart in his game but if he can be a 15 goal scorer in the show id be very happy for a fifth rounder.

What I like is his shot obviously but he’s very opportunistic and finds the open areas and as long as he can keep up with the pace of the NHL he’ll be productive with those traits.

Next year I’d like to see how he, Raaty, Koivula and Holmstrom perform
Koivula has to pass through waivers next season, there’s a good chance someone will give him a shot if the Islanders don’t.

My main concerns about him at the next level are that it takes a few strides for him to actually get going and I’ve seen him fumble the puck while in motion a bit too much for my liking.

He has a nice frame but looks very thin out there, I’d be curious to see if he will often get pushed off the puck at the AHL level or if he’ll learn to use his body to stay stronger on the puck as a pro.

The shot, the size, and the speed (once he gets going) are phenomenal traits however and well work the gamble of a 5th round pick.

I wish the Islanders were more willing to use their post-1st round picks on guys who have an NHL elements other than size to their games already established.

I look at picks from last draft like Ljungkrantz, Malinen, and Tikkanen and I’m just not sure what NHL qualities they possess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Koivula has to pass through waivers next season, there’s a good chance someone will give him a shot if the Islanders don’t.

My main concerns about him at the next level are that it takes a few strides for him to actually get going and I’ve seen him fumble the puck while in motion a bit too much for my liking.

He has a nice frame but looks very thin out there, I’d be curious to see if he will often get pushed off the puck at the AHL level or if he’ll learn to use his body to stay stronger on the puck as a pro.

The shot, the size, and the speed (once he gets going) are phenomenal traits however and well work the gamble of a 5th round pick.

I wish the Islanders were more willing to use their post-1st round picks on guys who have an NHL elements other than size to their games already established.

I look at picks from last draft like Ljungkrantz, Malinen, and Tikkanen and I’m just not sure what NHL qualities they possess.
Yeah I can’t guess those guys but Dufour definitely needs to grow into his body. Most guys don’t until 21-23

For Koivula I think next season is his last if he doesn’t play majority NHL. I don’t think he’s shown enough to get picked up though

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Holy shit. He’s gonna need to up his pace of play for the NHL but he’s got some tools.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Need a (star wars) Emperor photo with Lou's face photoshopped on it, saying "Good.....Good...."

Reactions: PWJunior

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
One of the best shots I've seen out of an Islanders prospect since I became a fan. And I've been a fan for about two decades now.
You drafted Wahlstrom just a few years back. His shot as a prospect was light years better than Dufour

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Holy shit. He’s gonna need to up his pace of play for the NHL but he’s got some tools.
Speed has never been an issue for Anders Lee (and Martin) and look at how he turned out. Dufour should be just fine if he can continue this type of production.

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
I was the skills coach of the Saguenéens when he had play there.

He had a back then a good shot, especially on his left leg (Opposite leg) He really improve his one-time, but he had to improve his shooting in stride. I don't see him often shot on his right leg. To be effective shooter in the NHL, he had to improve this

Back then, some say his skating was a issue. I don't see it. I found that his first 2-3 step is slow (especially for the NHL) but his crossover is very very good, for me. He found how to stay in movement (difficult for winger

He his very dangerous on 1 vs 1 Rush, cold do more with the second wave of attack, but he's not his style.

I think he will have to adapt a ;little bit his style to be a NHL. But he has a lot of tools, and I love this kid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad