RW Michael Brandsegg-Nygard - Mora IK J20, J20 Nationell (2024, 15th, DET)

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Wings going for that big tough asshole team they had two seasons ago but now with more skill.

When have the Wings been tough any time recently? We have had very little toughness or grit for quite some time now.

Reactions: lilidk

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Pretty sure Yzerman is just picking players that suck to play against with every 1st round pick. Think this strategy will pay dividends big time come future playoff runs.
If he landed some first overall skilled guys he might’ve went a different way.. but given how everything played out he’s building a defence with an average size of like 6’4 and all pretty much physical, with forwards who will be a pain in the ass.

Even Raymond for a skilled guy will be in scrums like a dirty shirt. Danielson doesn’t go out there and kill guys but bedard has said he was the hardest guy he had to play against in junior.

I think it’s really the only way to build a potential winner in Detroit with no top 3 picks on the way

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
If he landed some first overall skilled guys he might’ve went a different way.. but given how everything played out he’s building a defence with an average size of like 6’4 and all pretty much physical, with forwards who will be a pain in the ass.

Even Raymond for a skilled guy will be in scrums like a dirty shirt. Danielson doesn’t go out there and kill guys but bedard has said he was the hardest guy he had to play against in junior.

I think it’s really the only way to build a potential winner in Detroit with no top 3 picks on the way
Another logic may be that these all situation centers are rarely available in free agency or by trade. On the flip side, Yzerman has shown a penchant for finding scoring wingers. So if he imagines a team with three lines following the offensive W-2way C- 2way W model, then he'll need to get those 2 way players from the draft, and may think he can find the scoring wingers elsewhere.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Meghan Chayka mentioned during the draft that Yzerman wouldn’t dare pick an American in the first round. What was that about? Was she speaking out of turn or is Yzerman xenophobic?
Yzerman drafts Norwegian, Austrian, German, Sweden players in the first round(+ Danielson and Cossa) and he is xenophobic. Not Chayka who wants only American player in this case.

Yeah.

Nov 9, 2022
Meghan Chayka mentioned during the draft that Yzerman wouldn’t dare pick an American in the first round. What was that about? Was she speaking out of turn or is Yzerman xenophobic?
ornk7wvpeol91.png

Nov 9, 2022
Just the notion that a Canadian that has lived and worked in America for the past 40 years can be xenophobic against Americans is absurd.
I mean, I generally agree with dudes takes but that one was totally off the rails. NYC must have turned him into some SJW NPC type.
Its like CNN made that comment lol.

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden

Says he’ll give it a shot at camp, but doesn’t expect to make the roster.

Also hasn’t decided whether he’ll play in the SHL or AHL if he doesn’t grab a spot. Says Red Wings would prefer having him in NA.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I mean, I generally agree with dudes takes but that one was totally off the rails. NYC must have turned him into some SJW NPC type.
It’s like CNN made that comment lol.
Stay in your lane, and don’t speak out of turn on things you know nothing about.

The topic is Steve Yzerman. I wasn’t the one that made the claim. It came from someone who works in hockey and has more knowledge on this topic than you would.

You don’t get to personally attack me because I relayed the opinion of someone who works in hockey that might have said something true and offensive about your team.

Yzerman drafts Norwegian, Austrian, German, Sweden players in the first round(+ Danielson and Cossa) and he is xenophobic. Not Chayka who wants only American player in this case.

Yeah.
For the record, Chayka isn’t American, nor did she advocate for an American player. It was in response to a colleague suggesting that he should pick Cole Eiserman.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
For the record, Chayka isn’t American, nor did she advocate for an American player. It was in response to a colleague suggesting that he should pick Cole Eiserman.
She could be American, Canadien, split head canadien, or any citizen of some other country, but she is the one who act like xenophobic in this case.

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
he took a kid from Duluth with the wings’ 2nd. To suggest Yzerman is bigoted against Americans because he hasn’t taken one in the first in a handful of years is asinine

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Says he’ll give it a shot at camp, but doesn’t expect to make the roster.

Also hasn’t decided whether he’ll play in the SHL or AHL if he doesn’t grab a spot. Says Red Wings would prefer having him in NA.
I definitely wouldn’t expect him to make it either but the fact he might stay in the ahl is interesting. Playing his game on smaller ice might actually be better for his development and he could get some nhl games next year

Reactions: hockeyprospects9
Nov 9, 2022
Stay in your lane, and don’t speak out of turn on things you know nothing about.

The topic is Steve Yzerman. I wasn’t the one that made the claim. It came from someone who works in hockey and has more knowledge on this topic than you would.

You don’t get to personally attack me because I relayed the opinion of someone who works in hockey that might have said something true and offensive about your team.

Thing is, Pavel, you didn't source or say who made this claim - you made it appear like your own.

Whoever would make such an outlandish claim in the first place doesn't deserve to be parroted here anyway, unless you were just trying to stir the pot.

I'll still like your comments, Pavel, as I agree with you on quite a bit on your takes - no hard feelings.

Back to the thread.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Thing is, Pavel, you didn't source or say who made this claim - you made it appear like your own.
I think it was pretty clear. Literally the first two words of my post.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
Yzerman is definitely xenophobic ... but only in the first round. Then he wakes up on day two of the draft every year and his xenophobia is miraculously cured. That's really the only logical explanation.

• Haha
Reactions: Our Lady Peace

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Yzerman is definitely xenophobic ... but only in the first round. Then he wakes up on day two of the draft every year and his xenophobia is miraculously cured. That's really the only logical explanation.
Kinda crazy but definitly makes me think

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad