RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
The thread has moved on to the barganing stage of depression after putting so many unrelistic expectations and pressure on this kid. Preseason and Russian hockey are totally different thatn what he is experiencing now.

In his defense, not being able to play against the best of his peers has hurt his development. I sitll think sometime in the AHL would do him so good.

He's played two (2) NHL games against real competition, has a point, and has created a number of dangerous chances already.

I think it's a bit premature to say there's any "stage of depression" going on.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
The thread has moved on to the barganing stage of depression after putting so many unrelistic expectations and pressure on this kid. Preseason and Russian hockey are totally different thatn what he is experiencing now.

In his defense, not being able to play against the best of his peers has hurt his development. I sitll think sometime in the AHL would do him so good.

Are we in the same thread? Have you actually watched Michkov's games? LOL, it's okay to not like a player or root against a prospect if you so choose, but to blatently type incorrect, weird stuff like this is bizarre.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
How is it a goal 8/10 times? When Michkov made that pass TK's stick was literally sat on by the entire force of a man's weight and strength. How is TK going to get it in the net? Have you ever played hockey like lol
quite an analysis to be paired with “have you ever played hockey”

Dr Jablonski PhD

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
You really think his best option was to shoot from that position when the goalie covers pretty much the whole net?

MM-Flames.jpg

LOL... where was your criticism when Michkov had 4 SOG against the Canucks? Besides that, Michkov had a really good game against the Flames. Several high danger passes which his teammates couldn't convert. He looked a little bit nervous against the Canucks. But if he continues like he did in the last game, the goals and points will come.

Even with the start he had he already looks like a top 3 player for the Flyers and the main force on the PP. How does the other 2023 picks are doing so far (especially those drawn before him)? Simashev not in the NHL, Reinbacher is a total fiasco and the fresh prince is not looking like an NHLer for now.
I said that he should take the bit of extra space he had toward the slot and shoot, probably low or for a rebound. The forward defender to his left is not aggressively closing in on him and being a bit lazy

Yeah, I would say overall Michkov looks great. I'm mostly combating the unrealistic views that he's on Bedard's level and whatnot. Right now he is absolutely not .. in the future? .. possibly but he has a lot to improve

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

He has been one of the Flyers best players through 2 games after being their best player in pre-season...

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
He's played two (2) NHL games against real competition, has a point, and has created a number of dangerous chances already.

I think it's a bit premature to say there's any "stage of depression" going on.

I'm really enjoying Michkov's game so far and think he's settling in nicely. He does have some haters who have been laying in wait (several in this thread), looking for an opportunity to pounce on any weakness. Unfortunately for them, they're reduced to squeezing water from a stone. Most of them don't really care that they'll be proven wrong. Once that becomes clear they'll just vanish.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Leads the flyers in xGF/60 so far. Luchanko is 2nd. Luchanko has 2nd highest xGdifferential/60 on the team.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
People are getting their licks in before he starts torching the league. He had two indifferent games. So what? We’re two games into the season, and his team is starting with the toughest road trip of the year for an Eastern team.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Michkov is also transitioning to a new style of hockey, and a new lifestyle outside the rink. That's a lot for a 19/20 year old to deal with, especially when playing at NHL level. People aren't robots.

It's something Bedard had the luxury of not dealing with.

I'd give Michkov 1/3 to half season to truly get compfortable.

Reactions: ReimanSum1908

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
Why is Michkov getting this much hate? He has played two games and has an assist. That’s not really a good sample size. Why would anyone be upset about that?
Because people are desperate and jealous, wishing to denigrate the genuinely shiny new toy that the Flyers fans are going to be able to enjoy for the next decade and a half, while also justifying their own team's selection.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad