RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Anyone who is not biased and not blind can see that this young player is great...
1723813844-full-2-copie.jpg

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
Anyone who is not biased and not blind can see that this young player is great...

i just can't wait to see his game after he spends time improving skating next offseason. He will be good as is, but if he gains a step skating, the ceiling will rise significantly. Will unlock his whole arsenal.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
i just can't wait to see his game after he spends time improving skating next offseason. He will be good as is, but if he gains a step skating, the ceiling will rise significantly. Will unlock his whole arsenal.
I can agree with this, and when he’s fully physical mature will be a force for sure, I want him to shoot more, I think he’s trying to fit in with the boys and passing a little too much, guys shot is really good he needs to let it go

Reactions: BillDineen

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Just so people can calm down a bit, here is Bedard's first 6 NHL games as a rookie: 0G 2A and -6.

Give the kid some room to breathe.
Just an FYI, those stars aren't correct. Not going to look it up right now, but Bedard got his first NHL goal in his second game, so those stats are definitely not accurate.

Michkov looks good, though.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I find he’s very hunched over. I think he’ll be good but there is some Quasimodo in his game

He's essentially in a sprint position. He uses it to push off quickly and he explodes into small spaces. It's really interesting. Someone should slash his legs really hard when he does that, it could neuter him.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
He's essentially in a sprint position. He uses it to push off quickly and he explodes into small spaces. It's really interesting. Someone should slash his legs really hard when he does that, it could neuter him.
Still it's evident that he's kinda slow. Russians tend to be excellent skaters but somehow, Michkov's skating was always awkward, especially for a smaller guy. There's certainly a lot of potential for the Flyers to unlock. Having said that, he'll need to get stronger as well so we'll see how those two are gonna go together.

Certainly a good start for Michkov though. Already has his first point and even played in OT vs Vancouver.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
MM has great edge work, but a summer with Bobby Brink's skating coach would do wonders for his first step.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad