GDT: Hawks @ Oilers 9pm ChSn 10/13/24

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Vlasic is noticeably more offensive this year. If this continues. Look out. Contract could be insane value for a 1D and be the catalyst…
I think it’s already insane value. But you’re right, if he keeps playing like this it opens so many other avenues.

I gotta think the only reason he gave them the sweetheart deal is because he’s from Wilmette.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I think it’s already insane value. But you’re right, if he keeps playing like this it opens so many other avenues.

I gotta think the only reason he gave them the sweetheart deal is because he’s from Wilmette.
Yea I mean if Vlasic is going to eff around and be a 1D at 4 mill and change with the #7 and #2 picks coming through and with Jones. I mean this is gonna be another very fun ride.

And if he’s a #1D he might be one of the most unlikely 1D in recent NHL.

Crow

May 19, 2014
We’re always bitching about how we need one of these young guys to turn into a 1D, but he might already be here in Vlasic.

Plus, he’s an Illinois boy so he’ll be easy to extend at the end of his contract.
You do realize he has signed for the next 5 years after this one right?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
We’re always bitching about how we need one of these young guys to turn into a 1D, but he might already be here in Vlasic.

Plus, he’s an Illinois boy so he’ll be easy to extend at the end of his contract.
Dude I was about to say it’s crazy we hit the lottery with our first ticket of the rebuild, but then I got flashbacks to all the Fallen top 4 D prospects and now I’m thinking… well shit maybe we were due.

Reactions: Drumman44

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
If someone said he’d be a 1D when he was drafted they would have gotten raked over the coals

“Oh so he’s Marc Eduard Vlasic’s cousin that means he’ll be a 1D? Get over yourself”

So in that case it’s both highly unlikely and also stupidly obvious? Idk

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Yea I mean if Vlasic is going to eff around and be a 1D at 4 mill and change with the #7 and #2 picks coming through and with Jones. I mean this is gonna be another very fun ride.

Definitely one of them.

Forsling has turned into a 1D and that was very unlikely.

Before that maybe Toews and Slavin?

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Poked around in the Oilers post game thread and saw this. Nice to see other teams taking notice of our front office’s plan

1728797372102.jpeg

Reactions: hawksrule

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Definitely one of them.

Forsling has turned into a 1D and that was very unlikely.

Before that maybe Toews and Slavin?
Yea, forsling. I mean forsling at least flashed in a big way at the WJC. Vlasic had 20 points in 3 seasons at BU and didn’t even make WJC.

Slavin was a WJC guy and mildly productive in college and wore an A as sophomore.

Toews had 30 points in a season in college. Vlasic 20 in his career.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Great game, imagine having Kane with Teuvo and Bedard this year, woulda been fun to watch, maybe next year.

Lol. Having legends on the team is against the rules around here. People fumbled over themselves to explain why Kane didn’t get a new contract. Davidsons excuse why he didn’t get a contract was even dumber. Kane and Bedard would have been magic and you can’t tell me otherwise.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Lol. Having legends on the team is against the rules around here. People fumbled over themselves to explain why Kane didn’t get a new contract. Davidsons excuse why he didn’t get a contract was even dumber. Kane and Bedard would have been magic and you can’t tell me otherwise.
he wanted to make sure the young crop of kids would have room to become leaders then went and signed a bunch of vets and gave the captaincy to foligno who would be on a league min deal without davidson, but yeah Kane couldnt come back for reasons

belfour30

Seth Jones Truther
Dec 14, 2019
Just checked hockey-reference. Bedard is at 35.7% at the dot through 3 games.
Not concerned yet, but something to watch.

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
Super bummed I missed this game.

What a shot from Bedard. It's almost like having NHL quality teammates can open up the ice for us to see him unleash it or something.

I can't stand the Oilers and hope they never win a Cup again and have to see McDavid hoist it in a different sweater. Thankfully I don't think I'll have to ever worry about them winning one as long as their goaltending is Skinner/Pickard and they have Nurse on their roster.

Seth is playing like a legit #1 defenseman tonight.

I think his injury took a lot out of him last year and he's due for a nice bounce back season this year. If he stays healthy, I'd bet this is his best season in Chicago by a mile.

Kind of crazy to me this is already his 4th year here, feels like we traded for him just a season or two ago to me still.

Reactions: Praetorian Caps

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019

He was above 50% the first night but got his lunch handed to him the last two games including by one of the best in the business last night in Draisaitl.

It'll probably be one of the last pieces of his game to round out given his size. But his overall defensive game and physical presence have been much improved so far this year imo

Reactions: clydesdale line

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
I was at the game last night. Bedard looked like the best player on the ice. Dangerous every time he touched the puck. He took the crowd out of the game...it got so quite in there after his fantastic snipe. Played pretty darn physical too. He could have had at least 3 more points if not for the unlucky bounces. Not as many Blackhawk jerseys in the stands as the last time the Hawks came to town but everyone I did see was in a Bedard jersey. He threw some pucks into the stands for the kids between periods so he more than likely added to his following. I think he is poised to have a huge year.

Reactions: plasmonresonance

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

He went 53% in the 1st game of the year. It'll be ups and downs game to game but he has definitely improved. Draisaitl is no joke at the dot and that is who he was up against most of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad