Post-Game Talk: HNIC - Leafs WIN the home opener!!!

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
About his only redeeming quality, both are black holes defensively………
stats dont bacc that claim and from what i see the bottom pair has 2 players on it that dont look good speak about effort all you want its deeper than just effort your playing 2 bandaids together

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I like rollercoasters much more than merry go rounds. The ups and downs, thrills and spills.
I thought the panicking after we lost to MTL was laughably ridiculous but hey, to each his own.
Somehow Benoit managed to be a plus 1, Timmins a minus 1. Berube also called out his penalty as bogus. Timmins was the problem on that pair, it was plain as day. He’s really regressing, doesn’t look like any answer back there.
The plus minus stat is close to worthless, and for single games it's 100% worthless, I thought everyone knew that by now.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
OEL was solid. I loved watching him: skating, passes, playmaking, PP, etc. I predicted that he might end up being my favorite Leaf.

I love Rielly, but OEL is a welcome addition and a close 2nd.

Reactions: PromisedLand

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Starting Timmins over Liljegren was the right decision to start the season, but I think it’s time to see what Liljegren can do back in the lineup over Timmins. He’s looked pretty shaky out there.

Reactions: Roo and arso40

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Good game after the first period. Stolarz is so calm in there. Elite first star tonight
How was the mood in the building?
Did the expected booing get out of control?

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
I agree Timmins sucks, but I don’t think the answer is Lilly, there games are pretty much identical, yeah they both can move the puck up ice, but that’s about it imo………

The Pens second goal was not a good look for Timmins………

He’s getting his chances and the team is winning, nothing to worry about imo…….
where the hell do you get that take

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
OEL was solid. I loved watching him: skating, passes, playmaking, PP, etc. I predicted that he might end up being my favorite Leaf.

I love Rielly, but OEL is a welcome addition and a close 2nd.
We haven’t had a dmen who can skate, pass, shoot, play a little physical and not be a liability in their own end for quite some time. He’s really been a breath of fresh air back there. I’ve liked his game over Rielly’s so far this year as well.

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
From watching the game……..
a game that lily hasnt played yet?? or are u singling out last years playoffs where he was 12 pounds lighter or maybe your putting stocc in the preseason lol cmon man i agree with you on timmins who looked decent with brodie last year but isnt a top 6 yet

weems

Jul 3, 2008
How does Edmonton have only one when they have up 6 goals opening night?

Well the stat is 5v5, I think two of the Jets goals came on the PP.
High danger shots and also different than high danger chances for, on Naturalstattrick it says EDM has given up 5 high danger chances against.
These sites have value but they do get stuff wrong sometimes like exact shot location etc.

This is how they categorize what a high danger shot is...
Screenshot (1552).png

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Well the stat is 5v5, I think two of the Jets goals came on the PP.
High danger shots and also different than high danger chances for, on Naturalstattrick it says EDM has given up 5 high danger chances against.
These sites have value but they do get stuff wrong sometimes like exact shot location etc.

This is how they categorize what a high danger shot is...
View attachment 916073
Got it, thanks for the explanation

Reactions: weems

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
a game that lily hasnt played yet?? or are u singling out last years playoffs where he was 12 pounds lighter or maybe your putting stocc in the preseason lol cmon man i agree with you on timmins who looked decent with brodie last year but isnt a top 6 yet
I don’t know where you getting the idea I like Timmins, I don’t, and sure give Lilly a shot, but don’t expect him to be anything but marginally better. Maybe they’re showcasing Timmins? Why else is he in the line up?

Reactions: arso40

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I thought the panicking after we lost to MTL was laughably ridiculous but hey, to each his own.

The plus minus stat is close to worthless, and for single games it's 100% worthless, I thought everyone knew that by now.
Knies somehow earned a 2nd star, can’t remember anything great he did but he was a plus 4, I guess the selectors thought that was notable.

Reactions: arso40

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix

What’s it like to be so petty?

Reactions: rumman

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Noticeably quiet and somewhat boring for a Saturday night. It has to be one of the worst atmosphere in the NHL.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Physical, goal, dominant along the boards and made great choices in possession of the puck. He made his own goal with two hits to force turnovers in the shift.
He’s turning into a real good player.
When will he need to get paid?

Reactions: LeafGrief

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Not really. They were generally a good defensive team under Keefe. Berube will simply take them to another level. He'll likely make this a 115 point team, which is why he will win coach of the year this season.
Screenshot_2024-08-24-17-23-54~3.png

Buddy. Their D in the playoffs was atrocities after atrocities until I was banging TVs since 2013. Beginning to me make wonder about your whole accounts purpose. A mods alt?

To be frank you're contrarian and post some questionable negative stuff at times . Do you watch every game or just have a love hate relationship with the Leafs ?

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Buddy. Their D in the playoffs was atrocities after atrocities until I was banging TVs since 2013. Beginning to me make wonder about your whole accounts purpose. A mods alt?

To be frank you're contrarian and post some questionable negative stuff at times . Do you watch every game or just have a love hate relationship with the Leafs ?
You watched games 5, 6 and 7 and thought their defense was atrocious? I don't think it's unfair to give Keefe credit for making the team better defensively than his predecessor. Berube will be able to take it to a different level because he won't give the forwards the freedom they were used to having. It will mean less flashiness, but more wins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad