RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Peter Forsberg already was the compact version. Michkov is like the "honey I shrunk the kids" version of Forsberg, very small and it takes him forever to get anywhere. I like the comparison more after he gets there. On the puck he can dig in to the ice to hold off pressure, and angle into open space.

I buy the offensive machine part but there's a lot of things a "do it all" hockey player has to do that you're giving Michkov a pass on here. That's okay, that's not him.
190 pounds is very small ? Interesting

Looks like a super talented Kaapo Kakko
Whiff

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
I had him as my clear #2 in the draft and it blew me away that people had guys like Fantilli over him (not that he's a bad player but I felt there was an obvious tiering that Bedard was #1A and Michkov was 1B).

Michkov would always be a #1 draft pick unless a phenomenal player like Bedard existed in the draft. 90% of drafts Michkov should go #1 overall.

Reactions: Faceboner

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I don’t see the Forsberg comparison at all whatsoever….Actually reminds me a lot of a young Jeremy Roenick with less physicality. Nearly identical play style, different skating strides and different handles, no two players are exactly alike but overall very similar.

Last edited:

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I had him as my clear #2 in the draft and it blew me away that people had guys like Fantilli over him (not that he's a bad player but I felt there was an obvious tiering that Bedard was #1A and Michkov was 1B).

Michkov would always be a #1 draft pick unless a phenomenal player like Bedard existed in the draft. 90% of drafts Michkov should go #1 overall.
I think at the time of the draft I had them beck and neck with an edge to Bedard as I liked his physical skillset more as well as I think he had a slightly higher Iq where michkov was more creative but all in all their iq and vision was a similar tier and ahead of all other rookies. His assassin like movement without the puck is as good as his on the puck explosive and dynamic keep away clinic style of play. He creates space, finds space and also sees plays and passes no one else can see and has the uncanny ability to get to and work out of Gretzky's office.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Looks like a super talented Kaapo Kakko
This is one of the first posts in awhile where I cracked up irl, thanks lol.

I don’t see the Forsberg comparison at all whatsoever….Actually reminds me a lot of a young Jeremy Roenick with less physicality.
I can actually see the Roenick board play, but the way he slows the game down and distributes is much more like Forsberg, I see more of him than Roenick, and Roenick was awesome.

This guy gets it.

Reactions: Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
This is one of the first posts in awhile where I cracked up irl, thanks lol.

I can actually see the Roenick board play, but the way he slows the game down and distributes is much more like Forsberg, I see more of him than Roenick, and Roenick was awesome.

This guy gets it.
IMO Michkov is one of those unique talents who we can compare to previous greats but pretty much brings his own greatness. Yes, he’s got some Forsberg to his game, but there’s some Dionne, and Jagr, with some Pocket Rocket mixed in.
Michkov is just one of those special players who it’s hard to define by comparison to one singular guy because he’s got so many elements that make him special.

Reactions: Faceboner

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
IMO Michkov is one of those unique talents who we can compare to previous greats but pretty much brings his own greatness. Yes, he’s got some Forsberg to his game, but there’s some Dionne, and Jagr, with some Pocket Rocket mixed in.
Michkov is just one of those special players who it’s hard to define by comparison to one singular guy because he’s got so many elements that make him special.

When you see the greats they always get the puck and always make the right play, that’s just him to T, guys insane. No idea what he’ll be but everytime he touches the puck it somehow ends up on the right stick always, also the puck finds the greats.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Peter Forsberg already was the compact version. Michkov is like the "honey I shrunk the kids" version of Forsberg, very small and it takes him forever to get anywhere. I like the comparison more after he gets there. On the puck he can dig in to the ice to hold off pressure, and angle into open space.

I buy the offensive machine part but there's a lot of things a "do it all" hockey player has to do that you're giving Michkov a pass on here. That's okay, that's not him.
I loled

Reactions: majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad