RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thebestnic

Jun 29, 2022
I don't think Torts is gonna be a problem. Usually he has problem with tweeners who are just not that good... Guys like Frost, Dubois, Wennberg, etc. I only remember the Sedins as actually talented players who did bad when he was coaching

thebestnic

Jun 29, 2022
Sure but he was never drafted to be Michkov level fun. The Habs have Slaf, Dach, Suzuki, Caufield, plus Mesar, Demidov and an assortment of talented wingers. Reinbacher if he can play a dominant defensive role with some offensive contribution is going to do more for their chances to win as a team
I like Reinbacher and I'm fine with the pick but we don't have someone like Michkov in the system. Mesar is terrible. Aside from Demidov we have no forward prospects that realistically project to be top-6 players, so yeah we could have used Michkov...

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I like Reinbacher and I'm fine with the pick but we don't have someone like Michkov in the system. Mesar is terrible. Aside from Demidov we have no forward prospects that realistically project to be top-6 players, so yeah we could have used Michkov...

I'm telling you to this day, I thought he'd be gone by the Sharks or Habs, I couldn't believe it, at least you have Demidov, definitely as it stands a top 5 prospect in the world, it could always be worse. Shame he's getting the same treatment Michkov got with SKA, hopefully they send him to Sochi or something.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He should have been a Hab.

Now we are stuck with Reinbacher who looks like he could have been picked with a late 1st or early 2nd. Meanwhile Michkov is looking like he will make a run for the Calder this year. Ryan Leonard looks like a powerforward beast. Dvorsky looks like he will be very effective. And to make it even worse, the Leafs get Cowan with a late 1st and he looks ahead of Reinbacher already.

Im gonna puke.
You’ve completely changed your tune, which is great!

Reactions: Rob Brown

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I don't think Torts is gonna be a problem. Usually he has problem with tweeners who are just not that good... Guys like Frost, Dubois, Wennberg, etc. I only remember the Sedins as actually talented players who did bad when he was coaching
His only issue is with guys who lack compete or pout. Michkov does not fit that category.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
The Canadiens top 6 will be just fine. This kid Slafkovsky I hear is good.

Like I’ve said before, they wouldn’t have taken Demidov this year had they taken Michkov last year, as they also drafted a wing with a top pick the year before.

He should have been a Hab.

Now we are stuck with Reinbacher who looks like he could have been picked with a late 1st or early 2nd. Meanwhile Michkov is looking like he will make a run for the Calder this year. Ryan Leonard looks like a powerforward beast. Dvorsky looks like he will be very effective. And to make it even worse, the Leafs get Cowan with a late 1st and he looks ahead of Reinbacher already.

Im gonna puke.
Geez, that post is ridiculous. Way too early to make any judgments vis a vis Reinbacher.

Last edited:

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
It really is amazing to me that you Habs could have had Michkov....and along with Demidov....wow......that would have been amazing for you guys.....

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
So if they had picked Michkov, you're saying they would have passed on Demidov at 5??

Seems pretty reckless to not take BPA that high in the draft.
It’s all part of a master plan . They passed on Michkov somehow knowing that Demidov would be available a year later ( despite having no clue where they’d be drafting ) . Hughes playing chess , while others play checkers …. lol. The “ new “ angle of devaluation is that apparently Michkov “ picked “ his team ( told others to not draft him , despite numerous accounts to the contrary ) and that’s why certain teams passed on him …..

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
It's a prospect/rookie tournament. Everybody needs to calm down. Especially Habs fans. This is exactly the kind of setting where guys like Hutson look like future HOF's and guys like Reinbacher look boring (irrelevent, bland, meh, whatever descriptor you want there).

I think Michkov's going to be good, maybe real good. However, these pre pre-season tournaments rarely tell you much. It's fun to see hockey again is the only reason i watch these things.

Reactions: Guess and malcb33

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Way too much stock being put in these tournaments. The majority of players here won't even sniff the NHL.

Reactions: Guess

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Way too much stock being put in these tournaments. The majority of players here won't even sniff the NHL.
Really ? That seems like a minor part of the discussion to me . But you’re correct in general ; its all fun and games until the grownups arrive

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I'd say Roy and Hage have a shot.
Considering we have Slaf, Caufield, Suzuki, Dach and Newhook all U25, it's really not dramatic.

IMO we lacked and lack more elite defenseman than forwards.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Riley Armstrong the director of player development said he thinks Michkov was so competitive in practice that he thinks he's going to perhaps even push the nhl players in practice to be more competitive.

Reactions: Unger9 and Xirik

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I'd say Roy and Hage have a shot.
Considering we have Slaf, Caufield, Suzuki, Dach and Newhook all U25, it's really not dramatic.

IMO we lacked and lack more elite defenseman than forwards.
Hutson , Reinbacher , Mailloux , Ghule doesn’t seem like a bad start / base .

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
So if they had picked Michkov, you're saying they would have passed on Demidov at 5??

Seems pretty reckless to not take BPA that high in the draft.
Yes, that's what I'm saying. The Hawks did it just this year when they passed on supposed "BPA" Demidov to shore up their D. Teams don't pick the same type of player at the top of the draft year after year, it's now how people actually employed by NHL teams (unlike us here) actually construct a roster.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Yes, that's what I'm saying. The Hawks did it just this year when they passed on supposed "BPA" Demidov to shore up their D. Teams don't pick the same type of player at the top of the draft year after year, it's now how people actually employed by NHL teams (unlike us here) actually construct a roster.

I disagree Demidov was BPA at 2, I had him at 4, Montreal still got great value though.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Levshunov was ranked ahead of Demidov by a lot of people.

Who should the Habs have drafted instead of Demidov at 5 if they had already drafted Michkov?

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan

Who should the Habs have drafted instead of Demidov at 5 if they had already drafted Michkov?

They draft both and then they look to make moves for D-men, they goofed, plain and simple. That woulda been a decade of terror for the Eastern Conference, imagine the board if the Habs had em both lol. :laugh: A part of me wants Reinbacher to develop into a top flight d-man just because he doesn't deserve the hate and there are decent Habs fans that just love hockey.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022

I didn't say that I would have drafted someone else instead of Demidov at 5, even if they would have taken Michkov. But I don't run an NHL team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad