RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Silaev has a similar gap between he and Demidov that Demidov has to Michkov. I think there also could be a bit of bias for the guy staying in Russia vs the guy who’s fleeing….so while interesting taking it all w a grain of salt .

Meh,14 seems smaller than 24 to me, but yeah I take all these takes with a grain of salt. Only time will tell.

I personally see them in the same tier as prospects. We shall see.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Hope he puts up 100 so my fellow habs fans can be a little more humble and stop coming into his threads talking smack
Ridiculous. No one is talking smack. Posters are asking why he fell to 7th and why his Russian team didn't use him. There may be good reasons why or maybe not.

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
Ridiculous. No one is talking smack. Posters are asking why he fell to 7th and why his Russian team didn't use him. There may be good reasons why or maybe not.
Why was Jagr only picked at 5. Why was Kucherov only picked in the 2nd. Why Kaprizov in the 5th round. Why was Panarin never drafted. And why saw Demidov almost no ice time against men in his draft year (not even in the VHL) aka “his Russian team didn’t use him”, while Michkov was a KHL regular in his draft-1 year…

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Why was Jagr only picked at 5. Why was Kucherov only picked in the 2nd. Why Kaprizov in the 5th round. Why was Panarin never drafted. And why saw Demidov almost no ice time against men in his draft year (not even in the VHL) aka “his Russian team didn’t use him”, while Michkov was a KHL regular in his draft-1 year…
Why did SKA keep loaning him to Sochi? We will soon find out if the Canadiens Russian resources are any good at evaluating players character and talent.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I think Demidov vs Michkov will be a rivalty in NHL.

That will be fun to watch for many years to come.

Everyone have their opinions, but one thing for sure, both have been considering #2 pure talent in their draft respective.

Flyers are lucky to have Michkov at #7. Montreal are lucky to have Demidov at #5.

Congrats Flyers fan to have a pure goalscorer in your team, he have everything to put 40g++ per season.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Ok so now Michkov is a generational player? Should we expect multiple 120-140 points season from him?

You have a post in here equating him to Matthews for his goal scoring prowess and Kucherov for everything else. Now he's Crosby on the wing. The hype is out of control.

That said, I'm really looking forward to see him play, he's a very intriguing prospect.

There's a cloud of mystery that surrounds him for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
but Demidov got more 1st votes.:naughty:

img_4613-png.900084

I'm personally in the Silayev camp. let the Michkov and Demidov fans fight and wear themselves out and then Silayev will easily vanquish them!
Seems odd that Silayev + Miroshnichenko + Kantserov would combine for 40% of the 1st place votes, over choosing Michov or Demidov as #1.

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
Ok so now Michkov is a generational player? Should we expect multiple 120-140 points season from him?
He is a russian generational prospect for sure. But his position alone could him prevent of being as productive. As of playing style he reminds me of Crosby.

Why did SKA keep loaning him to Sochi? We will soon find out if the Canadiens Russian resources are any good at evaluating players character and talent.
Why did SKA didn’t let Demidov play at least in the VHL…

Angler

Jan 16, 2006
He is a russian generational prospect for sure. But his position alone could him prevent of being as productive. As of playing style he reminds me of Crosby.
His play style is nothing like Crosby. Crosby is a play driver who has world class vision and compete. His edgework, board work and defensive capabilities are something that Michkov can only dream of. They don't play the same style at all, this is a terrible comparison.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
You have a post in here equating him to Matthews for his goal scoring prowess and Kucherov for everything else. Now he's Crosby on the wing. The hype is out of control.

That said, I'm really looking forward to see him play, he's a very intriguing prospect.

There's a cloud of mystery that surrounds him for whatever reason.
Is that worse than the Demidov thread where generational/ more talented than Jagr and better hands then Mcdavid (among other atrocities ) are bandied about on the regular ?

His play style is nothing like Crosby. Crosby is a play driver who has world class vision and compete. His edgework, board work and defensive capabilities are something that Michkov can only dream of. They don't play the same style at all, this is a terrible comparison.
He’s a play driver and has unreal vision but I agree the rest isn’t Crosby to me ..

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I’m not sure about the others but I believe that Jagr told every team that he wasn’t coming over right away to the NHL . That is every team except Pittsburgh. The pull of Mario was strong .

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Why did SKA didn’t let Demidov play at least in the VHL…
Demidov is a year younger. If they loan him to another KHL team or demote him then they will have been treated the same.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

All sorts of crazy things said in this thread but this is kind of crazy in the opposite direction. Michkov's edgework and board play are some of his best attributes by far. When I first started watching Michkov's game before he was drafted, Crosby was the first person I thought of as well. They're certainly different players on a number of fronts once you take a longer look, but I'd say you're pretty off-base as well.

Last edited:

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
You’re wrong. Their IQ and ability to be in the perfect spot so often is very similar

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
There are no fan base in nhl that woukd argue Demidov against Michkov so much as Demidov. Poor Demidov was drafted buy a wrong team.

There are no mystery around Michkov. He was great in draft year as KHLer, he was even better in D+1. SKA isn't using young so players - both Demidov and Michkov didn't play for SKA in a draft year. Both are great player with generational ceiling. Now Michkov is in NHL already - but I would say flyers roster is less talented. Difference is big. Demidov will have better partners. Wish best for both. Im happy for Slafkovsky that he will play with Demidov too.

Nov 9, 2022
There are no fan base in nhl that woukd argue Demidov against Michkov so much as Demidov. Poor Demidov was drafted buy a wrong team.

There are no mystery around Michkov. He was great in draft year as KHLer, he was even better in D+1. SKA isn't using young so players - both Demidov and Michkov didn't play for SKA in a draft year. Both are great player with generational ceiling. Now Michkov is in NHL already - but I would say flyers roster is less talented. Difference is big. Demidov will have better partners. Wish best for both. Im happy for Slafkovsky that he will play with Demidov too.
Konecy can play LW and could be a fantastic linemate to Michkov. Farabee is also an option and ain't no slouch either. I think he could find himself on a great line.

Reactions: Devonator

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Demidov is a year younger. If they loan him to another KHL team or demote him then they will have been treated the same.

Compare them at the same age then.
As draft age players, Michkov played KHL (loaned to Sochi) and spent some time in VHL. Demidov was a full time MHL guy.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Konecy can play LW and could be a fantastic linemate to Michkov. Farabee is also an option and ain't no slouch either. I think he could find himself on a great line.
I just think that Demidov with Slafkovski, Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Newhook and Hage is in much better situation. As from the partners perspective, as from the depth perspective. Defensive support looks better too.
I think Michkov has enough talent to do things by his own, but still its soway much easier to make it with better players. AM and CM are so great but still they are playing with Marner and Draisaitl. Crosby played a lot with Malkin, at least in pp, he still had him as second center to free the load.
I hope Flyers will find right center for Michkov and build second line. With Tippet, Koneckny and Farabee they can build strong top 6 if Luchanko will develop his game, but still they need one elite center. It looks like flyers should draft earlier next season - it should help.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad