RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
How was this even a discussion Michkov, Bedard Celebrini class of their own. Demidov a level or two below. Which is still elite. But question answered

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Not insane when you consider:
1. He's a winger;
2. He's Russian; and
3. He skipped a bunch of team interviews.
Draft him and then trade him for a fortune, like what the Nordique did with Lindros. But to pass over a very special player in the draft like 5 teams did is beyond foolish. Each of those clubs are about lesser for their mistake.

Imagine passing on this player. Should have gone 2
Yup. And maybe one? Will Michkov be a minus 50?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Draft him and then trade him for a fortune, like what the Nordique did with Lindros. But to pass over a very special player in the draft like 5 teams did is beyond foolish. Each of those clubs are about lesser for their mistake.
The issue is Michkov is a Russian in the KHL. So he can hold out overseas and basically try to dictate where he gets traded thus tanking his value. That's not something you want to risk when there are players like Carlsson, Fantilli, and Smith on the board.

Reactions: romao and LuGBuG

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The issue is Michkov is a Russian in the KHL. So he can hold out overseas and basically try to dictate where he gets traded thus tanking his value. That's not something you want to risk when there are players like Carlsson, Fantilli, and Smith on the board.
Those guys are literally scrubs compared to Michkov. How did it work out for the clubs who thought the same about Jagr so picked Primesu, Nedved, and Nolan ahead of him?
When a phenom is in the draft you take him. Trade his rights if you have to later. But never pass on these guys. The clubs who get them become Cup winners. The clubs who pass end up big losers.,

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Those guys are literally scrubs compared to Michkov. How did it work out for the clubs who thought the same about Jagr so picked Primesu, Nedved, and Nolan ahead of him?
When a phenom is in the draft you take him. Trade his rights if you have to later. But never pass on these guys. The clubs who get them become Cup winners. The clubs who pass end up big losers.,
Okay at this point you're either drunk or trolling lol. It's preseason, let's settle down on comparing him to guys like Jagr.

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
How many points are you guessing for his rookie year?
Some people are going to say real high numbers. I'm going to stick with a range of 50-75. The hype train is rolling hard right now and while I believe he is capable of exceeding that amount I think it is still probably best to set realistic expectations.

If he exceeds my realistic expectation that is dope. However, if I set the bar at 82 and he comes in at 65, that is a recipe for disappointment in what was actually terrific rookie production that should be applauded.

Also, his performance in preseason will lead to teams keying in on him in the regular season. Boston already did key in on him in this game. They were all over him physically. It literally led to Couturier dropping the mitts. The point here is his preseason performance has been noticed and if he is deemed a threat to the Flyers opponent's chance of winning teams will prepare to the best of their ability to stop him.

In conclusion, I hope he produces at an all star level, but I do not expect that out of a 19 year old. Possible, but not expected.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Some people are going to say real high numbers. I'm going to stick with a range of 50-75. The hype train is rolling hard right now and while I believe he is capable of exceeding that amount I think it is still probably best to set realistic expectations.

If he exceeds my realistic expectation that is dope. However, if I set the bar at 82 and he comes in at 65, that is a recipe for disappointment in what was actually terrific rookie production that should be applauded.

Also, his performance in preseason will lead to teams keying in on him in the regular season. Boston already did key in on him in this game. They were all over him physically. It literally led to Couturier dropping the mitts. The point here is his preseason performance has been noticed and if he is deemed a threat to the Flyers opponent's chance of winning teams will prepare to the best of their ability to stop him.

In conclusion, I hope he produces at an all star level, but I do not expect that out of a 19 year old. Possible, but not expected.
Yeah, a teenage rookie on a new continent that speaks a different language and a different culture, in the best league in the world…I doubt he’ll be getting ~80, especially on a middling offense like the Flyers. As a Flyers fan I’d love it but PPG is like Crosby, McDavid territory. I’m hoping for 60-70, which would still be incredible. I just hope Flyer and Michkov fans don’t hold him to impossible standards only to be disappointed when he doesn’t reach them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad