RW Liam Greentree - Windsor Spitfires, OHL (2024, 26th, LA)

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Exactly the type of foward Ill be happy another team grab before our next pick. Just a terrible skater with low defensive awarenesses. He is all offense, bust factor very very high.

Reactions: dr1234

BerthMania

Jun 3, 2022
Montréal
I'm only stat watching.

But according to size and stats (specially impressive considering the lack of quality teamtes) he should be in the same league then Lindstrom. However, in pretty much all the lists of people who watch junir games (as opposed to me) Greentree is around 15-20 and Lindstrom in the top 5. What is the difference between the 2 considering the similar size and production. Also, we could say the OHL tend to be a little stronger then the WHL.

Blueswin

Jun 13, 2021
I'm only stat watching.

But according to size and stats (specially impressive considering the lack of quality teamtes) he should be in the same league then Lindstrom. However, in pretty much all the lists of people who watch junir games (as opposed to me) Greentree is around 15-20 and Lindstrom in the top 5. What is the difference between the 2 considering the similar size and production. Also, we could say the OHL tend to be a little stronger then the WHL.
I believe some are concerned about his skating.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
I'm only stat watching.

Big difference in their skating

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I'm only stat watching.

Greentree is slow, soft and has a low motor. Lindstrom is hell on wheels, an absolute nail gun.

I picked the right night to watch him. I expect this is not normal. :laugh:
I think I’ve picked nothing but the wrong games so far.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I was at the Owen Sound and Windsor game last night and you could have fooled me that Greentree had skating issues. He was absolutely flying last night and was all over the ice. He moved well and he really had his feet going. Not only that, he got to let his shot loose a number of times and honestly, it's very Jeff Carter-like. He also showed some good passing chops. I think he found his gears and I think he took some power skating lessons. Seriously, he was a sight to watch last night.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I was at the Owen Sound and Windsor game last night and you could have fooled me that Greentree had skating issues. He was absolutely flying last night and was all over the ice. He moved well and he really had his feet going. Not only that, he got to let his shot loose a number of times and honestly, it's very Jeff Carter-like. He also showed some good passing chops. I think he found his gears and I think he took some power skating lessons. Seriously, he was a sight to watch last night.
The skating in Junior isn’t as good as pro hockey. Everyone looks like they skate a little better than they will in the pros because the competition isn’t as good.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
The skating in Junior isn’t as good as pro hockey. Everyone looks like they skate a little better than they will in the pros because the competition isn’t as good.
I get that, but he looked REAL good. His edges, turns, acceleration, lateral movement, it looked real good. People also forget that he's a 17 year old with a man's frame. Development isn't linear, but you can see the power he generates from his legs and that a little bit more added strength will correct any flaws.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
His skating isn't great, stride is a bit odd and it takes him awhile to get up to top speed. But once he gets up to speed, he moves pretty well. I see issues in his game, but there's a lot to like as well. Top 20 for sure.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
....what?

Q’s skating and motor is his meal ticket. Liam is quite the opposite.
I think that Byfield's greatest strengths are his creative playmaking and hockey sense, and those appear to be Greentree's, as well. Regardless, I said that he reminds me a little of him, not that they're identical, with no differences.

Last edited:

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Kinda reminds me of Vilardi honestly

Hands not as good in tight and definitely a faster skater but similar big bodied puck protecting dual threat with deficiencies
I saw both Jason Robertson and Gabe Vilardi in kingston and I could see Robertson being his ceiling, but probably more likely to be the level that Vilardi is- both were fairly similar players from what I have seen in junior to Greentree.

The kings got a steal here- just guy has to stay healthy, if he does that he will be great.

But health is always a question with prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad