RW Lenni Hämeenaho - Ässät U20, U20 SM-sarja (2023, 58th, NJD)

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Hameenaho was a guy around 2023 Draft time where I saw the skill but none of the consistency to make me think he was worth taking that early. After a good year in Liiga, I'm quite intrigued to see him once he comes over and plays in the A for Utica. Still think he's more likely to be a trade chip when the Devils are going for it, but we'll see.
I think the main argument against him as a trade chip, is that the Devils don't have any f***ing forward prospects, lol

I bet they'd try very hard to trade from the D pool first, even if it's now weaker than it was, simply because they're (hopefully) pretty set on D for at least several years.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I think the main argument against him as a trade chip, is that the Devils don't have any f***ing forward prospects, lol

I bet they'd try very hard to trade from the D pool first, even if it's now weaker than it was, simply because they're (hopefully) pretty set on D for at least several years.

I don't even really know if any of the prospects we have left have all that much value besides like Casey (and don't you f***ing dare). Silayev obviously but he's not moving. Gritsyuk would have some but there's the obvious concern of if he'd come over to you. I think Lenni would have to put together another good year. Like maybe Vilen

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
I don't even really know if any of the prospects we have left have all that much value besides like Casey (and don't you f***ing dare). Silayev obviously but he's not moving. Gritsyuk would have some but there's the obvious concern of if he'd come over to you. I think Lenni would have to put together another good year. Like maybe Vilen
Yeah realistically they’ll be trading picks

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Hameenaho was a guy around 2023 Draft time where I saw the skill but none of the consistency to make me think he was worth taking that early. After a good year in Liiga, I'm quite intrigued to see him once he comes over and plays in the A for Utica. Still think he's more likely to be a trade chip when the Devils are going for it, but we'll see.
I think he was also projected as more of a bottom-six guy. I think he was worth drafting in the range they got him because I think he actually has a pretty high floor. Personally, I would’ve gone with Heidt, but Leeni is a good player.

I didn’t get a chance to watch him much this year, but in his draft year I saw him as an up-and-down the lineup type winger that has good compete, is strong along the boards and is good in front of the net. I think you are right that he could be a trade chip. I definitely don’t think the Devils should value him so much that they don’t use him in a trade for a player that can help them now.

If the Holtz trade is any indication, the Devils have no problem doing that lol

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I think he was also projected as more of a bottom-six guy. I think he was worth drafting in the range they got him because I think he actually has a pretty high floor. Personally, I would’ve gone with Heidt, but Leeni is a good player.

I didn’t get a chance to watch him much this year, but in his draft year I saw him as an up-and-down the lineup type winger that has good compete, is strong along the boards and is good in front of the net. I think you are right that he could be a trade chip. I definitely don’t think the Devils should value him so much that they don’t use him in a trade for a player that can help them now.

If the Holtz trade is any indication, the Devils have no problem doing that lol
He wasn’t drafted as a bottom six guy, NJ had a 1st round grade on him.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
One of my pet peeves is the use of top 6/middle 6/bottom 6. Because that would be 18 forwards.
I understand that top 6 means top line potential; middle 6 means a 3rd liner who can play 2nd line when needed; and bottom 6 is a checking type with a little point production.

Still, I would prefer top line/middle six/fourth line.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
One of my pet peeves is the use of top 6/middle 6/bottom 6. Because that would be 18 forwards.
I understand that top 6 means top line potential; middle 6 means a 3rd liner who can play 2nd line when needed; and bottom 6 is a checking type with a little point production.

Still, I would prefer top line/middle six/fourth line.
You can use whatever you want, there are no ideal way.
I use top line/top 6/middle 6/bottom 6/fourth line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad