RW Lenni Hämeenaho - Ässät U20, U20 SM-sarja (2023, 58th, NJD)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I don't think he has any physical skills that really stand out compared to other first rounders.

His best qualities is how high his IQ is and his work ethic, which isn't as easy to rank.
He had a stronger Liiga season than Slafkovsky, who went first overall. It just makes no sense.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I don't think he has any physical skills that really stand out compared to other first rounders.

His best qualities is how high his IQ is and his work ethic, which isn't as easy to rank.

He has been a heck of a shooter for years. Production matches.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
lenny-thumbs.gif

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Tappara's goaltending not having a good day. 6 saves, 6 allowed goals.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
An individual effort today for a goal:

Since that Tappara game Ässät have struggled a bit, especially when it comes to scoring (12 goals in 9 games).

Also for Lenni the three after that were more or less that, and then was out a couple of weeks missing the next three. Once he got back his usual center Järvinen had just gotten injured (back around New Years). Had one game with more limited minutes, but for the last two has been back to his usual deployment. An ok amount of chances, but still work in progress.

Last edited:

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009

Always room to improve, but outside of vs GER thought he's looked pretty good overall while being more of a passer like he was with Ässät before the WJC. Center change from Helenius to Lassila with Lenni and Naukkarinen for these last 2 games feels like it's been good.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
He's been underwhelming with his performances so far and I expect more in the elimination games.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Paul Westerberg

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He's looked like a solo player. Good amount of skill but no ability to use teammates.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Looks like Lenni and the Fins beat the team they cheered for.

I don't give a rats ass about those stats. He's not been that good and if you've actually watched the games you would agree. He's not necessarily been bad but nowhere near being good considering what he should be capable of.

Consider this is his last year as a junior, he's already playing his second season against men and producing. Drafted in the second round etc.
3 points in 4 games when we have faced Germany and Latvia in half of our games? That's not that good. And we could also add the fact he isn't dominating in any aspect whatsoever. That is if you've watched the games.
Männistö has been just as noticeable. Helenius was a lot better against Sweden than Hämeenaho and he is two years younger as well. Just no, I stand behind my earlier comment.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I don't give a rats ass about those stats. He's not been that good and if you've actually watched the games you would agree. He's not necessarily been bad but nowhere near being good considering what he should be capable of.

Consider this is his last year as a junior, he's already playing his second season against men and producing. Drafted in the second round etc.
3 points in 4 games when we have faced Germany and Latvia in half of our games? That's not that good. And we could also add the fact he isn't dominating in any aspect whatsoever. That is if you've watched the games.
Männistö has been just as noticeable. Helenius was a lot better against Sweden than Hämeenaho and he is two years younger as well. Just no, I stand behind my earlier comment.
Puck luck in a short tournament. The evidence shows fairly clearly that he’s generating a ton.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

You are transeyetester. It doesnt matter if Hameenaho scores or advenced stats shows huge impact on the ice. You are identifies him as nowhere near being good and your feelings are valid. Soon your pronounce may change to false\falsy but we must remember how bold with analysis youve been.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
You are transeyetester. It doesnt matter if Hameenaho scores or advenced stats shows huge impact on the ice. You are identifies him as nowhere near being good and your feelings are valid. Soon your pronounce may change to false\falsy but we must remember how bold with analysis youve been.
Okay, I'm this and that. Did you even watch Hämeenaho against Canada and Germany?

I expected him to be better and guess what, he's been better both against Sweden and Slovakia. So that means... He can do better?

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Okay, I'm this and that. Did you even watch Hämeenaho against Canada and Germany?

I expected him to be better and guess what, he's been better both against Sweden and Slovakia. So that means... He can do better?
I watched it. He is fine. Overall Finns were not consistent from the start if the tourney.
And definitely wasn't badly-buddaly-bad or worser than his partners. He was good in his job, somewhere could be better.

• Haha
Reactions: Svedu

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS

You don’t give a rats ass about useful stats that indicate underlying numbers but then you reference goals and assists which are all result/luck based. He was fantastic in the quarter final game, created offense almost every shift.

• Haha
Reactions: Fuonki and Svedu

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I watched it. He is fine. Overall Finns were not consistent from the start if the tourney.
And definitely wasn't badly-buddaly-bad or worser than his partners. He was good in his job, somewhere could be better.
He was pretty much garbage like his mates. But yeah, you know it all. If you would've asked him if he was satisfied with his performances against Canada and Germany, what do you think his answer would've been? "Oh yeah, I'm fine, I was pretty good because some stats says so. Even though the team was crap and I didn't distinguish myself in anyway, nor did I produce".
Like honestly, do you believe that? Lol!

You don’t give a rats ass about useful stats that indicate underlying numbers but then you reference goals and assists which are all result/luck based. He was fantastic in the quarter final game, created offense almost every shift.
Read my comments once more. He was bad against Canada and Germany. Did you even watch the games? Obviously he was better later on? And obviously...? I was right from the beginning when I demanded or expected a lot more from him.

I mean how can you even question that or think it's controversial. What are you even arguing against? Lol!

Last edited:

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
He was pretty much garbage like his mates. But yeah, you know it all. If you would've asked him if he was satisfied with his performances against Canada and Germany, what do you think his answer would've been? "Oh yeah, I'm fine, I was pretty good because some stats says so. Even though the team was crap and I didn't distinguish myself in anyway, nor did I produce".
Like honestly, do you believe that? Lol!

Read my comments once more. He was bad against Canada and Germany. Did you even watch the games? Obviously he was better later on? And obviously...? I was right from the beginning when I demanded or expected a lot more from him.

I mean how can you even question that or think it's controversial. What are you even arguing against? Lol!
I believe what he would said doesnt effect how he did actually played.
Overall I think he can say he isnt very happy with his today game and his overall game on the tourney. Again it doesnt effect how he actually played by himself.

• Haha
Reactions: Svedu

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I believe what he would said doesnt effect how he did actually played.
Overall I think he can say he isnt very happy with his today game and his overall game on the tourney. Again it doesnt effect how he actually played by himself.
Was okay today with a splendid goal. Still didn't manage to lead this team to anything and wasn't close being on the same level as another prospect named Kulich. SO yeah...

Let's wish Lenni all the best with his future career. He stepped up later on this tournament after being invisible in the beginning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad