RW Kaapo Kakko - TPS, Liiga (2019 Draft) Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
I have started with the highlight WC video of Kakko now and seriously, I am trying to not make it to long.. But already after 4 games it is like 5-6 min long... After the wc is over Ill probably delete some of the stuff to replace with other highlights thoe its still insane.

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
I have started with the highlight WC video of Kakko now and seriously, I am trying to not make it to long.. But already after 4 games it is like 5-6 min long... After the wc is over Ill probably delete some of the stuff to replace with other highlights thoe its still insane.
Mr, sounds awesome. Please do not delete anything if possible :)

Reactions: LAINEC

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
Im sure it likely wont negatively affect him greatly over his career - there is no perfect science to any of this. Anyone can become sick at any time, especially someone with a pre-disposition to problems

Treatments are exactly that, not a cure. So its always possible he could be sick sometimes from his diabetes - just not very likely.

I myself am a type 1 diabetic and everything you said is of course true, but other than perhaps a flu being prolonged or getting more sinus infections than the average person etc, at Kakko's age a healthy diet and good blood sugar control should be enough to ensure that it won't have any on-ice impact to his game. Now of course anything is possible, but at this point it is and should be a non-issue

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Yes. And Kakko saying he initially wanted to shoot but as the Goalie got so far up to him he decided to go around him. A great presence of mind. Most guys would have shot at the crest.

They honestly don't seem to have great chemistry even now.
Not great, for sure, especially with Pesonen. That guy seemed to have a bad case of tunnel vision last game. They seem to support him better, Ruotsalainen and Suomi seemed to float in the periphery leaving Kakko alone in the corner.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
088df9270dc91c8bc13ea3445ede20f9fb5ba6bd99ee5d84eb5233b403aaeb7b.jpg

Anttila's and Kakko's sticks in length comparison.

Leijonissa naureskellaan Kaapo Kakon työkaluille – kuva paljastaa hillittömän pituuseron: ”Onhan se ihan naurettava”

Kaapo plays 25 cm shorter stick (Flex 55) than the team's captain Anttila (Flex 110).

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Long vids are always better. :thumbu:

But yeah just heads up, at least in 2016 it was pain in the ass to upload long videos from IIHF tournaments into YouTube due to copyrights. I don't know if things have changed since then.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
Long vids are always better. :thumbu:

But yeah just heads up, at least in 2016 it was pain in the ass to upload long videos from IIHF tournaments into YouTube due to copyrights. I don't know if things have changed since then.

Thanks, yeah im afraid as f that all these hours I put in to it will be for nothing, but atleast Ill have the video for myself otherwise xD So basicly all the video material from wc belongs to IIHF? This is actually the reason why I the few Times Edit a video I do it with material already on youtube. Feels safer..

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
What, Kakko plays with a 55 Flex stick? That's ridiculous.
I bet the original flex is 55. Then he cuts it 25cm which changes the flex to normal numbers. Theres no way that the flex after cutting it is 55. Its so soft u can break it by just pushing it down. Like some of those softest pama sticks

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
I bet the original flex is 55. Then he cuts it 25cm which changes the flex to normal numbers. Theres no way that the flex after cutting it is 55. Its so soft u can break it by just pushing it down. Like some
of those softest pama sticks
False. 55 flex is a junior flex, so it hasn’t been cut down. The kick point however, is really low in the stick in question, which makes it very good for wristers. He should get a 75 flex stick atleast though.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
False. 55 flex is a junior flex, so it hasn’t been cut down. The kick point however, is really low in the stick in question, which makes it very good for wristers. He should get a 75 flex stick atleast though.
What stick is it? Do they all have sponsor paint in NT or can we regocnize it

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I excluded him because right now he doesn't look like a top-6 forward for Finland, and Rantanen and Kakko are definitely top-6 wingers.
Well Granlund looks even less like that on the basis of his latter part of the season. Laine at least was clearly one of his teams best players in the playoffs. Which can’t be said about Granlund. And in general I like both Laine and Granlund, but Granlund unfortunately had a pretty bad latter part of the season.

And I think it is still a bit going ahead with player rankings before Kakko also has really played a full season in the NHL. I wouldn’t count on it as absolutely sure that he would be right away a clear top 6 player for Finland when all the best players are playing. Maybe he could be, but before really seeing how he can be compared to the other Finns in the NHL next season, I wouldn’t jump too much into conclusions.

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I bet the original flex is 55. Then he cuts it 25cm which changes the flex to normal numbers. Theres no way that the flex after cutting it is 55. Its so soft u can break it by just pushing it down. Like some of those softest pama sticks
It's not cut 25cm. First of all, Marko Anttila is like 15cm taller than Kakko, and secondly Anttila's own stick is longer than the norm for his size.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Yeah, and Elias Pettersson probably have 55 and long stick..
Sorry, but lets not just throw random numbers from the top of our heads. Pettersson plays with a flex 85, which is explained in the video through this link.

What Stick Does Elias Pettersson Use?

Absolutely nothing against you personally fr9dd9. You are a good poster here. I enjoy reading your posts, although might not always agree with all of them. But many times I even agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad