RW/C Mikko Rantanen (2015, 10th, COL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
That title seems to be true yeah, but the actual definition kind of fluctuates in FEL organizations. The previous GM of TPS is now a "player-coprdinator".

What? I was under the impression that they got rid of Vuori shortly after Niittymäki was brought into the front office??

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Mikko Rantanen had a great game for TPS despite losing, TPS now lead the A-juniors series 2-1. Rantanen with a goal and an assist

For Blues the hero with two goals was Teemu Pulkkinen :).
Next game is this evening in Turku

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Any highlights from last night?

Here is the goals from Saturday's game. Rantanen with 1+1.

Assist at 2.52, goal at 3.51

arsmaster*

Thanks for those highlights. Love that goal. Hounds puck, creates turnovers, drives net, cashes on rebound.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
1 goal today as TPS beat Blues 3-2 and advanced into the finals. Rantanen was on the ice during every TPS goal.

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
Comparison would be an Alex Tanguay type? Yes?
Not really. Rantanen has much bigger frame and better two game, but not as good skating as Tanguay has (did have). Based on Rantanen's play from 2015, I think a winger version of Mikko Koivu would be the best comparison.

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
1 goal today as TPS beat Blues 3-2 and advanced into the finals. Rantanen was on the ice during every TPS goal.
Yeah. He it has been a total domination for him so far in the playoffs. But that's what you would expect from him at this level. Anything less than a goal and an assist per game would be a disappointment. Safe to say TPS wouldn't be in the finals without him. He is the type of player who will only get better when the games get more important. He now has 3+4 in 4 games in the Junior A playoffs.

JayHockey

Mar 19, 2015
I like Voracek.

Man those highlights were impressive as hell.

Maybe more of a taller Patrick Marleau. Intelligent player, deadly closer around the net, win battles on the boards, some leadership qualities too.

I'm very high on this prospect. Sure he will be a deadly complementary to a offensive top6. Can be a responsible-and-offensive 3rd lineman too.

Finnished

Jan 31, 2013
Could he be NHL ready next season? He looks like a kid who can play well on the 3rd line too not just top 6 minutes. Opinions?

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
Could he be NHL ready next season? He looks like a kid who can play well on the 3rd line too not just top 6 minutes. Opinions?

Doubt it. Sure he could probably play limited minutes in the NHL without being a liability, but I don't think it would do much to his offensive development. I think he'll play in Liiga next season but the AHL wouldn't be the worst decision either. In any case, I hope he will play in a big role and produce next season.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012

He could, but I see AHL as the optimal place for him. It has been said that his game fits better in the NA rink, and he could start getting accustomed to the game style and culture.

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
I was in that game today, where Rantanen scored a hat-trick + 1 assist. He was amazing. All the goals were beauties.

1st: Siiki passes a puck to him, and he's alone against the HPK-netminder. Quick dekes, (forehand-backhand-forehand), and Rantanen finishes those moves by just shooting the puck to the empty net after HPK-goalie became too confused of those dekes.

2nd: Rantanen walks in with the puck on the left side, and the situation doesn't look dangerous at all. He just boosts behind the net, uses his great reach and scores with a wraparound. He did it so fast.

3rd: Rantanen just shoots a hard one-timer top shelf from the middle after getting a nice feed from Siiki.

Assist: Rantanen gives a long pass from his own zone behind all the HPK-players, where Siiki is, and boom, sure goal. Very nice outlet pass.

His penalty was a bit lazy, but he was sound defensive, too. Took couple of blocks when HPK was trying to score without a goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad