News: Russo: Guerin looking to make significant moves

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Just curious.. how good of a centre do you think Dumba can fetch? Just my opinion but I don’t think he can fetch a 1C. What is an example of a centre that you think is realistic?
Trocheck and Domi have been used ad nauseum as realistic examples, but I think it's the wrong question. It doesn't sound like Guerin wants to move either player, but the Wild have clear depth on the blueline and weakness at center. If there's an opportunity to convert one of them into a top-6 center it's worth looking at, but guys like Gaudette and Kerfoot don't really qualify.

This is just my read on things, but it kind of seems like Guerin's settled on Suter, Spurgeon and Brodin being locked in long term while Dumba's the guy that's likely to go eventually. But if that's the case why force a trade when Dumba's having an off year, has 3 years left on his deal, and isn't being pushed out for cap or roster reasons? If the deal you want isn't there (and it almost certainly isn't) it's the easiest choice in the world to bide your time, bank on him inevitably bouncing back next year, and keep listening on offers.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If we strike out on the big names (Brodin, Dumba, Foligno).....

Wild fans, what would you guys want in return for a.....Pateryn and Hartman Package?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
That’s fine but obviously with the conditions on our 2020 1st it may be an issue.

Basically I would be looking at something like this if we were to get the Vegas first plus.

Manson or Dumba

for

TML
2020 1st from Vegas
Dermott-Redundant as Sandin will be our 3rd pairing LHD
2020 nd becomes a 2021 first if the TML reach the ECF
pkus if the team wants Bracco maybe the conditions are waived.
You really think that Vegs 1st ,Dermott and friggin Bracco are worth Dumba.:facepalm:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Wild fans, what would you guys want in return for a.....Pateryn and Hartman Package?
Maybe a 2nd and a 3rd or a prospect? I think Pateryn could be relatively cheap, but Hartman's a useful player to keep around. Not off-limits useful, but useful enough not to give away.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
It’s a possibility.

It seems we finally have a GM (Guerin) who understands how middling the roster is. I’m hoping he makes some trades toward long-term success.

That’s really good to hear. The Wild have never truly done a rebuild in their history and it shows on draft day. What’s the highest pick the Wild have ever had? Was it Dumba at 7th? Regardless I’d love to see Minnesota rebuild and get some high end talent. The fans deserve it. It’s a hockey mad place even when the Wild are a bland, middle of the pack team.

Edit: Nvm I forgot about Gaborik who was a top 3 pick. But that was a lifetime ago.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Here comes the overestimation of Dumba’s value lol. Last year Nylander wasn’t good enough...now that would be an overpayment.

Is it that hard of a concept to understand? When players play good, their value can go up. When they play bad, it can go down.

stewpac

Nov 30, 2015
You really think that Vegs 1st ,Dermott and friggin Bracco are worth Dumba.:facepalm:

Domi for One of Dumba/Brodin
Just not sure which one i would like the most?

Hilarious, you chirp a package of dermott, a 1st and bracco and turn around offering domi straight up. That leaf proposal is way more valuable than Domi. Domi is worth a 1st and a prospect at most.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Hilarious, you chirp a package of dermott, a 1st and bracco and turn around offering domi straight up. That leaf proposal is way more valuable than Domi. Domi is worth a 1st and a prospect at most.

He's worth quite a bit more than that.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Here's what is going to happen:

Vegas sends 1st + B prospect for Barrie and and re-signs him on the spot 7M x 5y.

Toronto uses Vegas's first + Robertson to trade for Jeff Petry.

Montreal trades Domi for Dumba.

Minny extends Domi 6 M x 6y.

It's the busiest deadline ever.
A late first plus NR for Petry. Yea I’ll pass. Add Timothy and then we can talk. Bye

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Is it that hard of a concept to understand? When players play good, their value can go up. When they play bad, it can go down.

The guy had one great year 3 years ago which looks like an anomaly and based on that was being touted as a great defenseman. He's more a 3 defender than a 1 or 2.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I have Pateryn pegged at a 3rd. Hartman? I don't think I'd do anything less than a 2nd. I'm not his biggest fan, but we also don't really have anybody to plug into the 4th line RW spot.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The guy had one great year 3 years ago which looks like an anomaly and based on that was being touted as a great defenseman. He's more a 3 defender than a 1 or 2.
I’m sure last year was also an anomaly. It makes sense that hems have 2 great years in a row as he entered his prime. The down year this year has definitely lowered his value, but there’s no need to trade him. He was a 1D coming into the year, if he’s valued as a 3D, we are more than happy holding onto him.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
He had a great year two years ago and a good year last year before the injury. Things were rockier from 2014-2017, but no more so than you'd expect from a young defenseman and he showed steady improvement throughout. This year has been the anomaly.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

It's not really an anomaly, it was just the peak of his ascension as a young defender. Then he got hurt (in a season that was looking to eclipse the one prior), and in his first season back, he's struggling. Certainly wouldn't be the first guy to follow that path.

We have the following options with Dumba:

1. Keep him and hope he rebounds to the player he was 2-3 years ago
2. Trade him for something that we need
3. Trade him for stuff we don't need (the usual offers around here)

Right now, we're extremely content with focusing on options 1 and 2 and completely ignoring 3.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The guy was on the up trend every single year until he got injured last season and missed 50+ games. Wanna talk about anomalies? Look at his shooting percentage this year compared to literally every other season he has played.

member 290103

Thinking Sutter plus prospect like Lind and maybe 4th round pick to Minny for a 6th? Minny gets player that will repair fractured room and prospect and pick swap to compensate for contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad