Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Previous Poll Punted, Pristine Prospect Procurement Poll Pinned

Which of the recent prospect additions intrigues you the most?

• Noah Philp coming out of retirement

• Connor Ungar - Brock University (USPORTS)

• James Stefan - Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

• Marc Lajoie - Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL)

Results are only viewable after voting.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Typically NHL teams insure their biggest contracts. In that case insurance generally covers 80% of the contract which is why I said that the Habs were probably on the hook for about $3M in real money. This makes you trade a tough one.

Now there is a player on the Habs that I could see involved in a deal for Campbell. That is Anderson. Anderson has $15.5M left on his deal compared with $13.5M for Campbell. His buyout costs the Habs $1.3M more than the buyout for Campbell would. After a brutal start he cam on a bit down the stretch but the Habs might be willing to move on from him. Now would it be wise for the Oilers to try and convert Campbell into Anderson rather than opening up space? That is not clear, nor is how such a deal might go down.
I realize that. But according to the rumours the bonuses aren't cover and they have to pay 5.5 million July 1st this year and next year.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
That's pure fantasy.

Still plenty of game in Adam Henrique, who at this point in his career is still a capable second line forward on more than half of the teams in this league.

I don't think he's a realistic option for us after this season because I believe that he'll have offers around his current AAV with term.

Keeping Kane and signing Henrique leaves $10m+ on the following year's cap when Draisaitl and Bouchard's extensions come into play. That's no Bueno.
2.5M to play on the Oilers and have a shot at the cup

or

3M to play on a lottery team

I know where I would choose

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Im here for the dismantling of the Canucks.

All those trash fans crying about the series, saying thier future was bright... They are about to have a massive UFA exodus. Lindholm gone, Zadorov leaving... Myers will be the big re-signing there. Vancouver is done. Back to missing the playoffs, I hope they enjoy the Pacific division banner next year... Seems to be all they can win
Most of the players leaving were trade deadline adds. Vancouver will be fine, not on this years level but they will be decent.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Most of the players leaving were trade deadline adds. Vancouver will be fine, not on this years level but they will be decent.

They overachieved all year, losing some of those adds will have an impact. They'll probably make the playoffs but doubt they take the division again

Find it odd that Seravalli thinks they're going to sign Guentzel. I guess if Lindholm walks, but it sounded like in addition

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

or

He may get $5m from a team like the Leafs. What did he not do this year that merits a $2m/year paycut?

Centers are a limited resource in the NHL.

mkatcherin00

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I think they still make the playoffs next year, but they're going to take a sizable step back. They have a huge choice to make with Hronek that will indirectly affect us because Bouchard is much better than he is, so if they overpay the Great Value version that will have repercussions.
They just paid that second half ghost Hronek over 7 million at 8 years

I like it. Guy was not a good defender. He looked like shit the 2nd half of last year

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
say goodbye to big Z and Lindholm for sure now
1718748527843.gif

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I like that move for Vancouver. Guy works well with Hughes and RHD are always a commodity. He was and should have been their top priority over zadorov or Lindholm.

Reactions: Canovin

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005

or

He has lived in Orange County for 8 years. Has a young family. Will take a lot to get him to move permanently.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I like that move for Vancouver. Guy works well with Hughes and RHD are always a commodity. He was and should have been their top priority over zadorov or Lindholm.
That's exactly it. It's not a great contract. But if you let him go, you may end up with next to nothing to fill that role.

There was a time when we were paying Mark Fayne to fill a top four role.

Reactions: McDoused

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Almost 20 million for Petterson and Hronek is sure something.

Edit: 2 goals and 6 assists combined in 13 playoff games lool
But his playoff chirp game is outstanding apparently.

6db23e815df4da858ff0915038b022d0.gif

They overachieved all year, losing some of those adds will have an impact. They'll probably make the playoffs but doubt they take the division again

Find it odd that Seravalli thinks they're going to sign Guentzel. I guess if Lindholm walks, but it sounded like in addition
I don’t have time to listen to the clip posted of Serevalli but if he’s heard Van is going to sign Guentzel…that kinda sounds like tampering unless they trade for his rights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad