Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
On what date can teams make trades again?
EDIT: I just found the answer to my own question. Teams can still trade all they want and whenever they want, but the players won’t be playoff eligible in this year’s playoffs.

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I'd be kinda surprised if the Wings would give up the #6 overall for Trouba. I suppose it depends on how keen Yzerman is to get this team winning in short order. My guess is that the Wings would like one more top-end drafted talent with their #6, but time will tell.
I always take a press conference with a truckload of salt, but Yzerman beat the drum on being patient over and over, while also saying he's not interested in making a big splash right away to only improve a little. I'd be shocked if he moved the 2019 1st rounder.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think Daley is the better guy to have. A RHD, who has a lot of experience and is likely on his way out.

Mojo - Buff
Niku - Myers
Beaulieu - Daley

That isn't a great defence but if we are moving Trouba out I don't think we can expect a big season coming up anyways. Just hope for playoffs and let the chips fall where they may.

Will Daley be better than Poolman or Kovacevic? What about Niku on the right side?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Will Daley be better than Poolman or Kovacevic? What about Niku on the right side?

Hard to say what Daley is right now. He was on a pretty bad team last two years but was solid enough in Pittsburgh for them to win some cups. He won't be a big point producer just a guy that can play some 3rd pairing shutdown minutes and PK.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Hard to say what Daley is right now. He was on a pretty bad team last two years but was solid enough in Pittsburgh for them to win some cups. He won't be a big point producer just a guy that can play some 3rd pairing shutdown minutes and PK.

I really don't know but my suspicion is that he and Ericsson are both done. But there is the option of sending them to the Moose and saving 1 mil of the cap hit. Then they are available for injury replacement if necessary. Having only 1 year to go helps.

Reactions: jkutswings

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I fine with Myers, Tanev and Hayes coming back, but how on Earth do we afford them? Even trimming Kulikov, Perreault and Trouba is not enough likely given the RFA raises that we are due

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I really don't know but my suspicion is that he and Ericsson are both done. But there is the option of sending them to the Moose and saving 1 mil of the cap hit. Then they are available for injury replacement if necessary. Having only 1 year to go helps.

Daley had two pretty solid seasons coming out of back to back Cup winning teams in Pittsburgh playing 19 minutes a night and then went to one of the worst teams in the league. I think he still has enough in the tank to play for a contender for another season, as he only has one more year on his contract anyways, and in a year where we might have to temper our expectations a bit anyways.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I fine with Myers, Tanev and Hayes coming back, but how on Earth do we afford them? Even trimming Kulikov, Perreault and Trouba is not enough likely given the RFA raises that we are due

I don't want Hayes back and we can't afford him. Tanev is a high priority to sign IMO before he hits July 1st. Only way I keep Myers is if Trouba is dealt. Myers sounds like he really wants to be here so we may be able to get him cheaper then we think.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I don't want Hayes back and we can't afford him. Tanev is a high priority to sign IMO before he hits July 1st. Only way I keep Myers is if Trouba is dealt. Myers sounds like he really wants to be here so we may be able to get him cheaper then we think.

I couldn't agree with this post more !!! if Trouba doesn't resign --you for sure sign Myers. I'd even think of trading Trouba even if he wanted to stay for a 2nd line center and signing Myers.

Also "very important" to sign Tanev --totally agree, and there's nobody on this Jet's team that puts out the kind of effort Tanev does. The Jet's should make it a high priority to sign him, and apparently he wants to stay here.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I have been all over Myers at times, but he turned in a pretty solid season, all things considered. If he can be signed for decent value, I won't be annoyed at re-signing him (until he starts playing that sluggish, over-thinking style in his own zone again). I wonder how he might do with a real defensive stud on LD (Samberg?).

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
I would sign Myers to Kulikov type money, if he would take it. He is better than Kulikov and plays rd which is harder to replace. Also puts a little less pressure on poolman and Niku for a year or two.

Reactions: irunthepeg and GNP

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

I heard Hayes might come in around 8x8. That had to be a joke. Let someone else over pay him if not.

Reactions: GNP

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Hayes certainly sounds open to staying with the Jets... says he had an unbelievable time, loved the coach, teammates, etc. I guess he didn't notice the toxic culture...

In all fairness, these statements do not absolve anything regarding "toxicity" in the dressing room whatsoever.

This is a business. Hayes knows that. The Jets will at the very least do their due diligence on signing him this off-season; regardless if Hayes adores Winnipeg or not, his camp will ultimately leverage the situation to the best of their abilities.

Sounds awfully similar to a situation last off-season........

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Fair enough. I disagree, but fair enough.

:laugh: No. But it isn't going to get better if Chevy just goes to the cottage. Somethings need to be done for it to get better. Over the next 2 years we will need new players at 1RW, 2C, 3LW, 1RD, 2RD, in fact an entire new D corps except for Morrissey.

We have some of the replacements in the system now but not the 1RW, 2C or 1RD. Natural growth is not going to fill those spots and we don't have a lot of trade pieces to work with.

1 RW would just be flipping Laine and Wheeler so that is not a concern. 2C in two years, maybe three I agree with. Little is a 2C based on his production in the first 3/4s of the season.

Buff might still be a top-15 RD league-wide in 2 years. As of right now, he is in the top-15 overall league-wide. A short-term contract might be a suitable option for him when the current deal is completed. After that, yeah, it could be tough to find that top pairing RD.

Based on the hype, perhaps Samberg can be a top-pairing RD even though he shoots left in 3 years time? No reason a guy who projects as a shutdown D-man can't play 1st line minutes.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Hi Jets fans. I am thinking of ways to improve the Devils roster. I think Patrik Laine would fit perfectly on a line with Jack Hughes.

Suppose the New Jersey Devils were to offersheet Patrik Laine at 5 years, 8.4 million AAV. The compensation would be: 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Would the Jets match?

And suppose the Devils raised the AAV to the bracket above and offered Laine 5 years, 9.5 million AAV. The compensation would be: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd. If the Jets would likely match the above offer, would they also match this one?

Yes they would

Reactions: Bet the Over

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Veleno + 2 2nds + Cap dump or 2019 1st + Breggen/McIsacc+ Cap dump. A lot would have to do with who the cap dump is as well

If that cap dump is Nielsen or Abdelkader, with 3 or 4 years left on their contracts, they had better give up a whole lot more then that. That would be a terrible deal otherwise.

If it is someone else with one year left, I think that is a fair return. Veleno's numbers had a nice jump in his draft +1 year. Anyone follow him? Good chance as a 2nd line centre?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
If that cap dump is Nielsen or Abdelkader, with 3 or 4 years left on their contracts, they had better give up a whole lot more then that. That would be a terrible deal otherwise.

If it is someone else with one year left, I think that is a fair return. Veleno's numbers had a nice jump in his draft +1 year. Anyone follow him? Good chance as a 2nd line centre?
We are very good at not drafting guys Veleno, Brannstrom...

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

Very good post here JetsFan--and I think Tampa is definitely missing a key piece, as it's evident in the last 2 years -- being knocked out of the playoffs consecutively, while having the best season record.

Trouba may be a good fit for them on right defence. Maybe they would offer up a good player in return -like Point. I'd take that deal.

Additionally Friedman has been reporting that Tampa is really hot for Ristolainen. Surely if Tampa is in the market for an expensive RD, Trouba is an infinitely better option than Ristolainen even-though he might cost 1.5-2 million more.

We will never get Point but maybe Tampa would be interested a Trouba for Cernak + Cirelli or Trouba for Sergachyov + Cirelli type trade?

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Additionally Friedman has been reporting that Tampa is really hot for Ristolainen. Surely if Tampa is in the market for an expensive RD, Trouba is an infinitely better option than Ristolainen even-though he might cost 1.5-2 million more.

We will never get Point but maybe Tampa would be interested a Trouba for Cernak + Cirelli or Trouba for Sergachyov + Cirelli type trade?

Some very good suggestions here, and I think Tampa has to do something, so your ideas are very interested and possible. I hope Chevy explores this avenue.

Trouba for Sergachev and Cirelli would be very good for the Jets --I like that deal.

Last edited:

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont

What else would it take to get Point? A centre core of Fefe/Point/Little/Lowry would be unstoppable. I would give up Trouba + something significant for Point.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
What else would it take to get Point? A centre core of Fede/Point/Little/Lowry would be unstoppable. I would give up Trouba + something significant for Point
why would Tampa trade point? Stammer is on the way out and Point is a 40 goal C. You don't trade those guys.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Well everyone knows that but this is HFboards and speculation is fun

They'd probably want something along the lines of Trouba, Ehlers/Connor, 2020 1st+++. I mean who trades a 23 year old 40 goal center? They'll want a shake up no doubt after getting swept but I guarantee that shake up wont be Point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad