Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Even worse. Of our 6 regulars that year, Kulikov came in and made way more turnovers than anyone else on that core. And that core wasn't even good.

Has Bob's prediction of "interesting" cap savings move passed yet? Or is there a chance it could still happen.

i would have re-signed Kulikov. He was a good fit but ultimately didnt have much runway to figure it out. We gave him tough assignments and the playoff eun was only like 4 games long.I thought he looked alright in it, like he would have figured it out given another game or 2. Not everybody just comes flying onto teams at TDL and blows up the world. Especially when we realized we were losing Larsson we should have doubled down on Kulikov.

The guy played 10 games for us and had 2 points and was +1. We were not very smart letting him go based on that.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
It has everything to do with it. The Oilers weren’t trading for him so they could sign him to 8 years.

The plan was for the Leafs to sign him to 8 and then trade him to the Oilers.
No, the plan wasn’t a sign and trade. The plan was for the Oilers to trade for him so they can sign him for 8 years. Oilers offered up a 3rd or 4th round pick for his rights but Dubas turned it down. The 8th year was to get the cap down. Dubas was pissed because he thought there was tampering or something and refused to trade him out of spite.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
i would have re-signed Kulikov. He was a good fit but ultimately didnt have much runway to figure it out. We gave him tough assignments and the playoff eun was only like 4 games long.I thought he looked alright in it, like he would have figured it out given another game or 2. Not everybody just comes flying onto teams at TDL and blows up the world. Especially when we realized we were losing Larsson we should have doubled down on Kulikov.

The guy played 10 games for us and had 2 points and was +1. We were not very smart letting him go based on that.
I thought he looked bad. Turnover machine. And wasn’t engaged.

Who knows if the Russian would have even wanted to sign here though.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
No, the plan wasn’t a sign and trade. The plan was for the Oilers to trade for him so they can sign him for 8 years. Oilers offered up a 3rd or 4th round pick for his rights but Dubas turned it down. The 8th year was to get the cap down. Dubas was pissed because he thought there was tampering or something and refused to trade him out of spite.
“I will not bend the knee.” :laugh: Such a dork.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
We offered a 6th. The pick that turned into Matvei Petrov. Dubas said no at the time with his official reasoning being “I know what that kind of cap savings is worth”. It was Dubas who wanted more than a 6th. So in spite, he refused to take a FREE 6th cause in the past he had to pay more for the same kind of cap savings. Where Dubas was dumb though, is that those earlier cap savings trades required retention by the dealing team. In the Hyman transaction it wouldn’t have cost the Leaf’s anything.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

(iv) An SPC with a term of greater than seven (7) years, provided, however, that a Club may sign a Player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years if that Player was on such Club’s Reserve List as of and since the most recent Trade Deadline. With respect to potential Unrestricted Free Agents only, the ability to re-sign a Player to an SPC of eight (8) years expires when the Player becomes an Unrestricted Free Agent. With respect to a Player who becomes a Group 2 Restricted Free Agent, a Club may sign such Player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years provided such Player was on such Club’s Reserve List and/or Restricted Free Agent List as of and since the most recent Trade Deadline.

Reactions: foshizzle

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
It’s quite clear nobody sees Campbell as an NHL goalie any more and if anyone takes a shot, it’ll be as a free agent and offer between the Pickard deal and league minimum for 1 or 2 years on a two-way deal where he’ll continue to play in the AHL. That or he signs overseas, that’s all there is to it, but it’s going to be a buyout.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If we sign Broberg, Holloway and Janmark to 1 mill deals, sign Henrique for 3mill and Brown for 1.5 mill. That leaves 5.25 mill for 2 middle 6 wingers and a 7th D.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Is it possible the team could use Holloway or Brobergs RFA status to open a second buyout window? Could either side elect arbitration and then they sign a contract and settle right before the hearing.

Would that be an option for the team?

NotASheep

Feb 23, 2019
If Henrique goes back to the Ducks I maybe a little annoyed. I was hoping he would stay but it sounds like his asking price is more than the oilers can afford

Reactions: McDoused

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If Henrique goes back to the Ducks I maybe a little annoyed. I was hoping he would stay but it sounds like his asking price is more than the oilers can afford
It's all about $. If we overpay him we get screwed down the line and can't improve elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad