Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] F David Perron signs with the Senators (2 years, $4M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa is still a young team, adding a veteran with Cup winning experience is not bad for 2 years. He is a pain to play against, and still a decent player. Not a crippling contract. Think he may be a better leader than Giroux is.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
He said on radio last year that he'd love to get close to home and play for Montreal one day. I'm glad it didn't happen with this contract. Sometimes the best moves is the ones you don't make
He honestly would have been a good low-risk signing for Montreal. They’re nowhere near the cap and could use some a vet with Cup experience.

Reactions: HabsQC

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Losing Perron is addition by subtraction. Even getting prime minutes with Larkin the dude still got easily out produced by guys getting half his minutes

He's decent in the bumper spot on a PP but everywhere else he'll infuriate you

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Perron was a solid player for his 2 years in Detroit. If he can limit the bad timing for penalties... that's his major flaw. That and foot speed, but he's great on the PP and at keeping plays alive in the offensive zone. Great hands and stick, will be a nice add for Ottawa as long as he doesn't play big minutes... which he won't need to if they are healthy.

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
62bfed1f-036a-4a0a-9564-1ad85c62cc5e_text.gif
He is destroying us with a 4M cap hit..

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
He's a mixed bag for sure anymore. Slow and takes a lot of penalties, but strong on the puck and the boards and plays with heart.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
He's a mixed bag for sure anymore. Slow and takes a lot of penalties, but strong on the puck and the boards and plays with heart.
plus is an excellent leader for prospects to learn from . thats all i cared about because during this rebuilding era making playoffs doesnt matter to me , for now everythings about the future . thusly i wish he could have been re-signed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad