Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Stamkos apparently is a disaster at even strength. Im not so sure about him now, he could play on the PP but do we even need him to? I guess he’d look great on Leon’s wing, but that line might get cratered defensively at times.

For the right price of course I’d just go for it
He's a one shot scorer, play him with Connor or Leon and a defensively responsible winger.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
He certainly might, but there's no guarantee, the rumours are that Tampa is only offering on th $3Ms range, so it will be interesting
That's a big name and a big shot for a team who wants to sell tickets and has lots of cap space. A few oohs and aahs from the new fans. Seems like a good idea to me, but it is the NHL.

He might get a two or three year deal at that higher price unless he wants to win a few more cups. That may be his thinking. To see his options.

Perhaps a few of his buddies already headed there.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Hyman was signed as a UFA. The Oilers wanted to trade for him so they could do an 8 year deal but Dubas wouldn't go for it. Has nothing to do with what you are saying.

It has everything to do with it. The Oilers weren’t trading for him so they could sign him to 8 years.

The plan was for the Leafs to sign him to 8 and then trade him to the Oilers.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
That's a big name and a big shot for a team who wants to sell tickets and has lots of cap space. A few oohs and aahs from the new fans. Seems like a good idea to me, but it is the NHL.

He might get a two or three year deal at that higher price unless he wants to win a few more cups. That may be his thinking. To see his options.

Perhaps a few of his buddies already headed there.
Sure, but I'm not certain, but even in those situations he gets beyond $6M flat. He's not that young and his game is where it's at. Guentzel absolutely, Lindholm will do well, but might be tougher for Stamkos to get that much. Who knows though, we've seen some insane stuff, Kevin Hayes comes to mind lol

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The risk that Stamkos is just going to be a PP merchant to end his career is too high. Oilers should be looking elsewhere, even though McDavid on the PP with a one-timer triangle of Stamkos, Draisaitl, Bouchard would be hilarious.

Reactions: McDoused

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Guys I don’t think it’s Mark Hunter as GM. Think about it:

Yes we never draft from the OHL but this is a new head scout, Kevin Pracey. He actually drafts a lot from the OHL based on history. This was his first draft with us and he said he’s been scouting O’Reilly since his Junior B year (last year).

Plus if it was Mark Hunter, why didn’t we give him the job immediately? No I think Edmonton is doing their due diligence. This is Jeff Jackson not MacT or Tambelllini. This is going to be an important hire so I don’t think they are going to be mindless here

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
if we’re trying to move Campbell…. Why aren’t we hearing any noise
Hahaha, you know why lol.

Maybe they'll be a miracle and someone will claim Campbell on waivers tomorrow lolz

So apart from the draft, a whole lot of nothing today?
Seems so, things are just quiet, which is what it is. I suspect JJ and Co are working the phones

Reactions: McTonyBrar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad