Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I think the issue is with his injuries, is Kane even a top 6 winger anymore?
These playoffs we had 2 and that was it. I’d rather grab one so we actually have 6 top 6 players so then the young guys can move up due to injuries, not go into the season a man down.
Kane scored 22 even strength goals this year. How many bottom 6 players in the league score 20+ EV in a season? Even if you take him out of the equation, Henrique was another top 6 option they brought in and used him in the top 6 or at 3C as needed, so anyway you slice it they had 5 top 6 players even if you aren’t counting Kane.

I’m not opposed to bringing in a guy in the 3-4M range they think would be a good fit for Draisaitl but I stand by my earlier point that when you have two guys who are supposed to be the best in the world and they take up 25% of your cap space, I think it’s reasonable to expect them to elevate a young player with pedigree or a mid tier guy into an adequate second line player.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I wonder if they give Pickard more starts this season to lesson the workload for Skinner. I think he can handle it. Last season they were pushing for that playoff spot so probably felt there weren't as many starts they could give to him
I agree.
We talk about the Oilers chasing a game when they get behind...realisitcally they were chasing the season since November.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
So what's the goalie situation next season?

Skinner starts 45 - 50 and Pickard/Rodrigue battle it out for starts the rest of the way? Or are we still in the market for another journeyman goalie?
I think and HOPE....so much we can pass Rodrigue through waivers this year. He plays 75% of Condors games and then the next year if he rocks it in the AHL he is Skinner's backup and Pickard tried to pass through waivers.

Reactions: TB12

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I agree.
We talk about the Oilers chasing a game when they get behind...realisitcally they were chasing the season since November.

Chased the season since November and chased 3/4 series as well, which IMO cost them. The resilience, drive and belief got them there but ran out of gas. 100% need to start the season on time and focus on taking care of business before they get backed into a wall

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I have been probably the biggest Hall supporter here for years. Still wish that trade never happened. In saying that unless we are getting a major discount on retention I just don’t know if he has enough left in the tank.
I think he could help. Plus I would love the storyline of him coming back.

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
He was healthy scratched the majority of the last 2 playoff series and even worse for him, their PK might have gotten even better. Vinny lost a lot of leverage in that 2 week span.
It was a weird playoffs for Denny. He had that one horrible game against Vancouver but otherwise he was a serviceable d-man when a just a year earlier he looked overwhelmed. He is a great 3rd pairing that just had his spot taken. If we can get him 1-1.5 I think that would be fair.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Not much change is needed, just a little tinkering, if the Oilers weren’t limping in the finals they’d be Stanley Cup Champions, why change what worked.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
MORE RUMORS! WE NEED MORE OILERS RUMORS!!!

8vc5h5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad