Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I think the issue is with his injuries, is Kane even a top 6 winger anymore?
These playoffs we had 2 and that was it. I’d rather grab one so we actually have 6 top 6 players so then the young guys can move up due to injuries, not go into the season a man down.
Kane scored 22 even strength goals this year. How many bottom 6 players in the league score 20+ EV in a season? Even if you take him out of the equation, Henrique was another top 6 option they brought in and used him in the top 6 or at 3C as needed, so anyway you slice it they had 5 top 6 players even if you aren’t counting Kane.

I’m not opposed to bringing in a guy in the 3-4M range they think would be a good fit for Draisaitl but I stand by my earlier point that when you have two guys who are supposed to be the best in the world and they take up 25% of your cap space, I think it’s reasonable to expect them to elevate a young player with pedigree or a mid tier guy into an adequate second line player.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I wonder if they give Pickard more starts this season to lesson the workload for Skinner. I think he can handle it. Last season they were pushing for that playoff spot so probably felt there weren't as many starts they could give to him
I agree.
We talk about the Oilers chasing a game when they get behind...realisitcally they were chasing the season since November.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
So what's the goalie situation next season?

Skinner starts 45 - 50 and Pickard/Rodrigue battle it out for starts the rest of the way? Or are we still in the market for another journeyman goalie?
I think and HOPE....so much we can pass Rodrigue through waivers this year. He plays 75% of Condors games and then the next year if he rocks it in the AHL he is Skinner's backup and Pickard tried to pass through waivers.

Reactions: TB12

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I agree.
We talk about the Oilers chasing a game when they get behind...realisitcally they were chasing the season since November.

Chased the season since November and chased 3/4 series as well, which IMO cost them. The resilience, drive and belief got them there but ran out of gas. 100% need to start the season on time and focus on taking care of business before they get backed into a wall

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Exactly he will explore all options before Sunday and see if a trade can be worked out. If not they will bite the bullet and buy him out
The only reason a trade wont happen is if they deem it to not be worth the cost.

Anyone is tradeable at the right price.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I have been probably the biggest Hall supporter here for years. Still wish that trade never happened. In saying that unless we are getting a major discount on retention I just don’t know if he has enough left in the tank.
I think he could help. Plus I would love the storyline of him coming back.

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
He was healthy scratched the majority of the last 2 playoff series and even worse for him, their PK might have gotten even better. Vinny lost a lot of leverage in that 2 week span.
It was a weird playoffs for Denny. He had that one horrible game against Vancouver but otherwise he was a serviceable d-man when a just a year earlier he looked overwhelmed. He is a great 3rd pairing that just had his spot taken. If we can get him 1-1.5 I think that would be fair.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Not much change is needed, just a little tinkering, if the Oilers weren’t limping in the finals they’d be Stanley Cup Champions, why change what worked.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
MORE RUMORS! WE NEED MORE OILERS RUMORS!!!

8vc5h5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad