Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Who ever signs Stamkos i hope their fan base starts a “seen Stamkos?” Slogan

CF4A4D7F-6409-49B4-A63B-29C22F577950.jpeg

Oilers88

Jun 19, 2011
The Hockey Writers is shit

But also, this would be the least shocking news all off-season. Can't afford either of them relative to their performance
Carrick is a bit surprising to me. Not that he was very impactful, but he struck me as a player who will get the league minimum wherever he goes. Maybe the player is hoping for a bigger role, or maybe the team decided they can do better, but I had him pencilled in as a 13/14 forward at 775k.

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

cruisecity

May 24, 2024
Try and remove contracts of:

Nurse
Campbell
Kane
Ceci
McLeod

Try and resign at discount due to Cup aspirations and nothing more:

Brown
Foegele
Henrique
Janmark
Pickard
Desharnais

Look to sign free agents to league reasonable deals like:

Bertuzzi
Guentzel
Marchessault
Arvidsson
DeBrusk
Stephenson

(Essentially players who we know play a style of hockey that should translate well to playoffs).

The goals this offseason should be to fill our lineup with more skilled versions of Janmark/Brown etc. Guys who battle endlessly but can also make plays with the puck. Who go to the net with the puck. Florida's identity through the whole regular season was playing this style of hockey, decimating people on the forecheck. Full effort and physicality and they steamrolled.

Our club makeup is a bit different due to McDrai so we can not replicate, nor should we try, but for playoff hockey we have seen enough postseasons in a row now what type of players thrive.

Past this we will need to add one good defenceman which hinges on removing bad salary out with picks and prospects.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Is Tom Gazolla still really connected?

He's saying Henrique doesn't have a big appetite to stay. Thinks Foegele wants top 6 minutes and money.
This is from Oilernation yesterday.

“I loved coming here and having the opportunity to chase the Cup and play with the guys here,” Henrique said. “I felt like I fit in great with the group, so I think for me, anything’s on the table and we just wait until this weekend or next week to get things sorted.

“I think there’s a price for winning. Being on a team like Edmonton that’s so close, and year after year now, the Stanley Cup is the goal for me coming in. It kind of renews the passion for the game a bit. I haven’t had the opportunity to be in the playoffs for a long time and have that opportunity to win,” Henrique added. “Certainly, I don’t think money is the number one thing for me at this point in my career.”

Sounds to me like he has an appetite to stay.......

Last edited:

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton

“I loved coming here and having the opportunity to chase the Cup and play with the guys here,” Henrique said. “I felt like I fit in great with the group, so I think for me, anything’s on the table and we just wait until this weekend or next week to get things sorted.

“I think there’s a price for winning. Being on a team like Edmonton that’s so close, and year after year now, the Stanley Cup is the goal for me coming in. It kind of renews the passion for the game a bit. I haven’t had the opportunity to be in the playoffs for a long time and have that opportunity to win,” Henrique added. “Certainly, I don’t think money is the number one thing for me at this point in my career.”

Sounds to me like he has an appetite to stay to me.......
Yep sounds like he’s headed home to convince wifey two years in Edmonton won’t kill her.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

Sounds to me like he has an appetite to stay to me.......

With Gazolla, I get the impression that he's always trying to be some sort of iconoclast with his "insider" knowledge, often negative takes. I think he was right on one of them lately.

I seem to recall that he was adamant that Hall was going back to Edmonton.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
So what's the goalie situation next season?

Skinner starts 45 - 50 and Pickard/Rodrigue battle it out for starts the rest of the way? Or are we still in the market for another journeyman goalie?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Because they saw the Oilers as a team that might sign him.

They literally only exist to orbit the Oilers.

By all means, go ahead and overpay the guy Conroy
If the Oilers were the Sun, the Flames would be Pluto. No one cares, just a nothing burger planet that’s not even a planet and keeps getting relegated to moon status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad