Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

the Jusse Saros who only put up a .900 against the Nucks?

I don't want to move on from Bouchard now, when I did discuss the issue I wanted to rebuild the entire defense, upgrade the forwards and the goaltending. This was going to cost, you have to give to receive. This was during the past offseason and it cost me 6 mos.

I specifically wanted Nurse and Ceci gone during the offseason. I was adamant about that. I can't speak more about the subject.
So you wanted to change up more than half the team that went to a Game 7 of cup finals and wanted to trade the best defenceman of the entire playoffs as part of that plan.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
No shit to the bolded. Every single player on earth would say the same thing. It doesn't mean they deserve to be there or it's ideal for the club.

He does NOTHING under pressure at even strength. Invisible when there is any sort of tight checking game going on in the playoffs. I don't care how creative you think he is in the regular season against Utah in game 20. He has had enough playoff runs now to show he can not produce offence at even strength and we need to put him somewhere else.

It's insane to me that since you feel he has failed as a third line centre, we must play him at first line winger even though he fails there as well when the going gets tough.

We must give him another crack at 3C. Obviously his regular season production will go down not playing with Davo. He must make do.
Wrong. He does plenty at even strength. Not everything shows up on the score sheet.

Draisaitl only had 4 EV goals in 25 playoff games doesn’t even PK… He’s useless and a complete failure… get rid of him.

Jesus Christ, we used to sterilize and lobotomize people who thought like this and the world was a better place for it.
Two obvious trolls bringing their worst takes all day long.

Reactions: TB12 and McDoused

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
  • Friedman says oilers have to do some dancing
  • Oilers are trying to move Campbell hard
  • Believes Oilers might sign a GM who has been around for a while or has been a GM before. He mentions Jason Botterill
  • Balls in Carolina’s court with Guentzel. May get done by tomorrow (f*** you Vancouver)
  • Believes Edmonton Calgary Seattle are in on Debrusk

Why didn’t Boob ask more about Edmonton and rumours instead fawning over Holland
I feel confident that Jackson will be able to sniff out a reasonable way to unload Campbell.

cruisecity

May 24, 2024
Wrong. He does plenty at even strength. Not everything shows up on the score sheet.

Two obvious trolls bringing their worst takes all day long.
Do me a favour and explain what he does at even strength. It's easy enough to say WRONG!!

It's weird that McDavid is at 56% CF at 5 on 5 this year, Bouchard at 59%, but RNH is sub 50%. Getting outchanced at 5 on 5 despite most of his time being with McDrai.

I dare you to go look at his chances for/against away from McDrai, then come back and tell me why he is valuable at evens.

Reactions: Macheteops

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Do me a favour and explain what he does at even strength. It's easy enough to say WRONG!!

It's weird that McDavid is at 56% CF at 5 on 5 this year, Bouchard at 59%, but RNH is sub 50%. Getting outchanced at 5 on 5 despite most of his time being with McDrai.

I dare you to go look at his chances for/against away from McDrai, then come back and tell me why he is valuable at evens.
Nah. Waste of time. If I wanted to explain the obvious to non oilers fans I’d be on the mains.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
A Campbell trade involving double retention would be fantastic, but a buyout isn't the end of the world. There are other bad contracts out there that could be palatable for 1 or 2 seasons as well. Cal Petersen was traded last summer, so who knows. BUF, CHI or SJ make sense as possible dance partners.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
A Campbell trade involving double retention would be fantastic, but a buyout isn't the end of the world. There are other bad contracts out there that could be palatable for 1 or 2 seasons as well. Cal Petersen was traded last summer, so who knows. BUF, CHI or SJ make sense as possible dance partners.
What about Philly? Who do they have now Hart may never play again and that Feditov or whoever got banned for 3 years or something didn’t he? Edit Never mind he was banned from the KHL

Last edited:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
So after a few days of taking a break, its refreshing to hear what Jackson said today for his little presser. It's nice to know that he's not gonna instantly rush in hiring any GM as the Oilers seriously need to exactly find the right GM that's on the Bill Zito or Kelly McCrimmon type of mold. Team cannot afford a shit 3rd GM in a row with McDavid and Draisaitl.

Looking at the UFA wire, I'd be very interested in these players. Bolded would be my favorite choices.
Forwards:
Debrusk
Toffoli
Vrana
Trenin
Duclair
Arvidsson

Perron
Sprong

Defense:
Carrier
Roy
Tanev
Walker

I expect players like Campbell to be either traded or bought out. Ceci easily needs to go in order to make room for the extra cap + an actual top four d man that can move/transition the puck cleanly and effectively. I do love Kaner, but I'm not opposed to moving him out as well for the right forwards to come here either.

For our current UFA's that come to mind, I'd be happy to have back Brown and Janmark easily for our 4th line and PK. Exceptional job by them in the playoffs. I hope they both stay. I'd like for Rico to stay too, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't go back somewhere in the States. Would be nice to keep him as the line of Brown, Rico, and Janmark was great for us. Also a fan of Vinny, but would understand if he leaves in order to get paid elsewhere. Guy earned it after having a long difficult journey to make it to the NHL. Broberg has made him expendable too imo. Foegele's been a good trooper, but I expect him to get a juicier contract elsewhere. Perry can stay as a 11th-12th forward at league minimum assuming he still wishes to play.

My guess is we acquire the likes of DeBrusk/Arvidsson, one of Carrier or Walker, and two players that Stauffer has mentioned in Haydn Fleury and Phoenix Copley. The much more sexier players will be targeted and acquired next trade deadline.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Someone threw around McLeod as a sweetener to offload Campbell? I do that alllll day and then use some money to bring back Henrique
Who threw that around? That's not even remotely realistic.

Edit: I see it's something that Woodguy threw out there. Might as well be an HF proposal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke74

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
My guess is we acquire the likes of DeBrusk/Arvidsson, one of Carrier or Walker, and two players that Stauffer has mentioned in Haydn Fleury and Phoenix Copley. The much more sexier players will be targeted and acquired next trade deadline.
These ARE some of the biggest names on the market outside of Guentzel and Pesce I suppose.
I think the issue with adding the bigger names is that they'll want term and the Oilers only really have cap space this offseason. If they somehow move Campbell miraculously then that changes but I don't think they can afford to give out any multi-year deals to top 6 forwards/top 4 Dmen as is.

Reactions: McAsuno

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
These ARE some of the biggest names on the market outside of Guentzel and Pesce I suppose.
I think the issue with adding the bigger names is that they'll want term and the Oilers only really have cap space this offseason. If they somehow move Campbell miraculously then that changes but I don't think they can afford to give out any multi-year deals to top 6 forwards/top 4 Dmen as is.

I would be extremely surprised if Campbell isn't moved or bought out in the next few days. I'm guessing from Jackson's presser that the reason why he hasn't been bought out yet is them trying to move him in a trade first.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I would be extremely surprised if Campbell isn't moved or bought out in the next few days. I'm guessing from Jackson's presser that the reason why he hasn't been bought out yet is them trying to move him in a trade first.
For sure but I think they need to move the full $5m the 2 years after this one to fit in a bigger multi-year salary although I guess they could move Kane next offseason if need be but then you have to fill that hole too. I think the only multi-year deal we see the Oilers sign will be their own, Janmark, Brown, Henrique although he's probably unlikely, maybe Desharnais. I have a feeling that Calgary signs Debrusk to fill the Mangiapane void.

Reactions: McAsuno

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
For sure but I think they need to move the full $5m the 2 years after this one to fit in a bigger multi-year salary although I guess they could move Kane next offseason if need be but then you have to fill that hole too. I think the only multi-year deal we see the Oilers sign will be their own, Janmark, Brown, Henrique although he's probably unlikely, maybe Desharnais. I have a feeling that Calgary signs Debrusk to fill the Mangiapane void.

f*** Debrusk if he chooses to sign with those inbreds down there over us.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
  • Friedman says oilers have to do some dancing
  • Oilers are trying to move Campbell hard
  • Believes Oilers might sign a GM who has been around for a while or has been a GM before. He mentions Jason Botterill
  • Balls in Carolina’s court with Guentzel. May get done by tomorrow (f*** you Vancouver)
  • Believes Edmonton Calgary Seattle are in on Debrusk

Why didn’t Boob ask more about Edmonton and rumours instead fawning over Holland

Jason Botterill???

Friedman trying to send bad vibes our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad