Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
So of the RD UFA options who do people want? I included cap and term projections from AFP Analytics. (just did ones with pricetags $3M and up)

W. Carrier $4.00M x 3 yrs
T. Brodie $3.65M x 2 yrs
M. Dumba $3.04 x 3 yrs
B. Montour $7.73M x 6 yrs
B. Pesce $6.28M x 5 yrs
M. Roy $5.84M x 5 yrs
C. Tanev $4.48M x 3 yrs
S. Walker $4.65M x 3 yrs
None of those at those prices. Pesce is getting more than that. A lot more. The others are either over the hill broken or not that good.

Reactions: stewy04 and belair

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
So of the RD UFA options who do people want? I included cap and term projections from AFP Analytics. (just did ones with pricetags $3M and up)

T. Brodie $3.65M x 2 yrs
M. Dumba $3.04 x 3 yrs
B. Pesce $6.28M x 5 yrs
M. Roy $5.84M x 5 yrs
C. Tanev $4.48M x 3 yrs
S. Walker $4.65M x 3 yrs

Almost all of those scare the daylights out of me for various reasons. Carrier is the only one there I think I would consider, the rest scream Ceci redux (or worse) to me.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

T. Brodie $3.65M x 2 yrs
M. Dumba $3.04 x 3 yrs
B. Pesce $6.28M x 5 yrs
M. Roy $5.84M x 5 yrs
C. Tanev $4.48M x 3 yrs
S. Walker $4.65M x 3 yrs

I'd do Tanev or Walker all day.

Hell, dump Ceci and Kulak and get both haha.

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Broberg
Kulak-Ceci
=$26M

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Tanev
Broberg-Walker
=$29M

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Constructive criticism, that's cap, you advocated trading him 100's of times over, stated he was either bad or simply not good enough to ever be part of the equation of a winning Stanley Cup team. If you believed in the player you would of advocated patience while critiquing him as I did, I also said the guy had top 5 offensive d-man in the league kind of upside when not a single other person on this board was saying the same thing. I was fully cognizant of his strengths and his warts and what I thought could be fixed with time.

Nothing you did helped anything, Bouchard was not in here reading your posts, a quality prospect simply matured and evolved his game in a way and manner you were not capable of comprehending.
I did promote Bouchard trades but it wasn't 100's of times, and what was I asking in return?

More than anyone was willing to give up on the trade board, that's for sure.

Even after Bouchard's recent playoff run I doubt anyone on the trade board would acquiesce to my asks thinking back to the two threads I initiated, which would have put us over the top and certainly would have given the Oilers the overwhelming edge to win the cup.

My ask for Bouchard was the equivalent of multiple first round picks and second round picks, which the Oilers could have in turn traded for players at the deadline for our expected cup run, and a replacement defenseman. I wanted multiple picks so we could sweaten deals which could have been used to move Nurse and Ceci.

I recall I proposed a Rasmus Andersson and a second round pick for Bouchard and Oiler fans said Bouchard wasn't worth that much and the thread was shut down.

I told one Montreal fan that they traded a shitload for Kirby Dach and another shitload Alex Newhook and Montreal wouldn't have a chance in hell of trading both Dach and Newhook for Bouchard because Bouchard was worth much more than both combined... that they should have given all those picks to the Oilers for Bouchard or contemplate a similar or greater package Bouchard.

That's placing a very high value on Bouchard and that was before his momentous improvement during these playoffs. Unfortunately discussions like this are not permitted in the fanboy realm.

Macblender

May 5, 2014

T. Brodie $3.65M x 2 yrs
M. Dumba $3.04 x 3 yrs
B. Pesce $6.28M x 5 yrs
M. Roy $5.84M x 5 yrs
C. Tanev $4.48M x 3 yrs
S. Walker $4.65M x 3 yrs
Honestly I don’t really like any of them.

I feel like I would rather if we are getting rid of Ceci and freeing up cap. Chase Erik Cernak for the right side as Tampa is trying to clear cap for Stamkos.

I think that would be a great stylistic fit for Broberg or even Nurse if we can’t move him

Reactions: McWeber

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
We could use that kind of deal again for Campbell.

Getting value for Horcoff's last two years at $5.5M was a miracle.
He could have done better had he not announced his plans to the world. Horcoff had an excellent two years in Dallas especially once Hemsky got there. We didn’t need to get out of those two years we were not anywhere near contention. This all hindsight of course but you should never announce your plans to the league like that.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I did promote Bouchard trades but it wasn't 100's of times, and what was I asking in return?

More than anyone was willing to give up on the trade board, that's for sure.

Even after Bouchard's recent playoff run I doubt anyone on the trade board would acquiesce to my asks thinking back to the two threads I initiated, which would have put us over the top and certainly would have given the Oilers the overwhelming edge to win the cup.

My ask for Bouchard was the equivalent of multiple first round picks and second round picks, which the Oilers could have in turn traded for players at the deadline for our expected cup run, and a replacement defenseman. I wanted multiple picks so we could sweaten deals which could have been used to move Nurse and Ceci.

I recall I proposed a Rasmus Andersson and a second round pick for Bouchard and Oiler fans said Bouchard wasn't worth that much and the thread was shut down.

I told one Montreal fan that they traded a shitload for Kirby Dach and another shitload Alex Newhook and Montreal wouldn't have a chance in hell of trading both Dach and Newhook for Bouchard because Bouchard was worth much more than both combined... that they should have given all those picks to the Oilers for Bouchard or contemplate a similar or greater package Bouchard.

That's placing a very high value on Bouchard and that was before his momentous improvement during these playoffs. Unfortunately discussions like this are not permitted in the fanboy realm.
Sounds like you were wrong as usual. Imagine trading Bouchard before the insane record-setting playoffs he just had filled with clutch game winning plays.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
He could have done better had he not announced his plans to the world. Horcoff had an excellent two years in Dallas especially once Hemsky got there. We didn’t need to get out of those two years we were not anywhere near contention. This all hindsight of course but you should never announce your plans to the league like that.
I don't know. I remember us basically celebrating in the streets that we got rid of Horcoff.

Nuge and Gagner were getting the keys to the top6 center spots.

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay

T. Brodie $3.65M x 2 yrs
M. Dumba $3.04 x 3 yrs
B. Pesce $6.28M x 5 yrs
M. Roy $5.84M x 5 yrs
C. Tanev $4.48M x 3 yrs
S. Walker $4.65M x 3 yrs
Demelo probably would have been the best option if he didn’t extend in Winnipeg.

Fabbro is a guy I’ve hoped they would pursue, there was rumblings he could of been available at the deadline if Preds sold off. I think he’s a guy who’s on the cusp of really establishing himself and would be a good option as a partner for Nurse. He should be a target.

I don’t love any of the names on that list, either over priced or over the hill and then a bunch of guys similar to Ceci. Gun to my head and I’d probably go with Carrier.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Would have definitely been WAY better to bow out in the 2nd round to the Nucks. Which is what would have happened if Bouchard wasn’t on the team.
With better forwards, a better overall defence including the subtraction of Nurse and Ceci, and with a better goaltender? C'mon man.

By your logic we can’t win the cup with McDavid cause we have no cup yet
What?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
With better forwards, a better overall defence including the subtraction of Nurse and Ceci, and with a better goaltender? C'mon man.

What?
Bouchard literally finished 5th in Norris voting. Had one of the best playoffs of all time as well. He isn’t a guy you trade unless it’s in a package for a defender even better, which there are very few.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

What?
Please tell us then, who are these forwards and D-man you would have traded for that would have garanteed us a Cup? And which teams take on Nurse and Ceci?

Reactions: McHelpus

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I’m trying to think of what experienced GMs that are even out there.

Ron Hextall and Jason Botterill would be bad options I think. Botterill is from Edmonton so I can see the connection.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Bouchard literally finished 5th in Norris voting. Had one of the best playoffs of all time as well. He isn’t a guy you trade unless it’s in a package for a defender even better, which there are very few.
I don't want to move on from Bouchard now, when I did discuss the issue I wanted to rebuild the entire defense, upgrade the forwards and the goaltending. This was going to cost, you have to give to receive. This was during the past offseason and it cost me 6 mos.

I specifically wanted Nurse and Ceci gone during the offseason. I was adamant about that. I can't speak more about the subject.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I don't know. I remember us basically celebrating in the streets that we got rid of Horcoff.

Nuge and Gagner were getting the keys to the top6 center spots.
That’s why I mentioned hindsight. Because I too was dancing in the streets until our team became even worse somehow. Meanwhile Horcoff went to Dallas and played in the playoffs his first year there. And well we know happened with his replacement and the Belanger triangle. I was wrong we were all wrong it was not a good move to make. Not that it matters because it all culminated in McDavid in the end. But it was Questionable move to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad