Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Knob was elusive during his presser about Mcdavid's health and mentioned he'll be talking to the medical staff further. McD was definitely dealing with something but thankfully not surgery and probably just rehab.
Yeh I found it odd he was elusive about McD but then immediately after pretty forthcoming regarding Drai. Could be read a couple different ways.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
The impression I got from Jeff Jackson's interview was that he wants to stand pat. He clearly stated he won't be aggressive at the Free Agency. He wants to keep the same team together. He named McLeod as one of the players that made strides.. good gawd.

Hopefully he's just being nonchalant about everything because I know personally that I'd like to see at least 1 big UFA signing and a few trades.

Time will tell.

Edit:

I did however like how he addressed McDavid and Draisaitl. I feel confident in that regard.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

cruisecity

May 24, 2024
The impression I got from Jeff Jackson's interview was that he wants to stand pat. He clearly stated he won't be aggressive at the Free Agency. He wants to keep the same team together. He named McLeod as one of the players that made strides.. good gawd.

Hopefully he's just being nonchalant about everything because I know personally that I'd like to see at least 1 big UFA signing and a few trades.

Time will tell.
Yea pretty weird comments. McLeod regressed in both the regular season and playoffs ppg while playing with better linemates.

We must remember it is in Jackson's nature to sell a product. That was his entire job, maximizing profits by selling his players to other general managers. We will see what he has up his sleeve but I pray he doesn't actually believe what he said about McLeod.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
San Jose moved up in the draft.

They now have the 1st pick and the 11th pick in the 1st round in a very deep draft. Not a bad move at all. They must have thier sights on someone.

It will be interesting if Calgary drafts Tij Iginla.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Time will tell.

Edit:

I did however like how he addressed McDavid and Draisaitl. I feel confident in that regard.
He’s just trying to up the trade interest.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Time will tell.

Edit:

The last GM who came out and said he’s going to make bold moves and played his hand was MacT. How’d that go? lol

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

The destruction of Calgary continues.

I’m sure Flame fans will be planning the parade around the amazing cap space this opens up, but in reality it’s a way for their cheap ass owner to put $5M in his pocket.

There is no way they’re anywhere near the cap next year, this is an owner appeasing move.

Reactions: TB12

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Friedman says on Oilers Now that we prefer to trade Campbell if possible.

Also says that he thinks the new GM will be someone who's been around for a while or has been a GM before.
Seems impossible in the offseason. Unless taking bad cap back. Ala Kuemper for PLD.

Experienced GM? Yeh? Odd. Seemed like a fresh face was in the cards.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Saying goodbye to Draisaitl is saying goodbye to McDavid. Saying goodbye to those two is saying goodbye to respectability and hello to decade of darkness 2.0.

I'm not going to watch that bullshit again.

Obviously you're upset over the Leafs lack of success in the playoffs. Cheer up buddy. Anything is possible.
I’m as much of a leafs fans as you are an Oilers fan…now go back to CP. it was really nice when you were MIA throughout the playoffs.

Crazy that the Mods here haven’t booted this obvious Flames troll yet.

Yeh I found it odd he was elusive about McD but then immediately after pretty forthcoming regarding Drai. Could be read a couple different ways.
I think they don’t want to give any other teams anything to target on McDavid, where as Drai’s injuries were already known.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I’m as much of a leafs fans as you are an Oilers fan…now go back to CP. it was really nice when you were MIA throughout the playoffs.

I think they don’t want to give any other teams anything to target on McDavid, where as Drai’s injuries were already known.
Agreed.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020

Shouldn't you be desperately trying to trade Marner or sucking up to Berube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad