Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Where's the Beef?

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Klim Kostin basically fits to a tee in that spot.
Kostin and Podkolzin are both guys who likely don't belong on NHL rosters. I'd prefer a guy that is toolsy, multi-positional and kills penalties. Scott Laughton comes to mind.

I still have a bit of hope for Podz, but he can't handle a pass.

Reactions: McDoused

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Kostin and Podkolzin are both guys who likely don't belong on NHL rosters. I'd prefer a guy that is toolsy, multi-positional and kills penalties. Scott Laughton comes to mind.

And some role guys just fit better on different teams. Kostin works well here, for whatever reason it seemed like the city really pumped him up.

How many players go back to their old team with their own jersey on in the playoffs, lol.

He can shoot and hit and fight, which is fine.

Reactions: ujju2

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I'd like to see

Skinner McDavid Hyman
Podkolzin Drai Arvidsson
RNH Henrique Brown
Janmark Ryan Perry

Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse Stetcher
Kulak Brown
Emberson

The one season Podkolzin had a fair amount of success he was played with other talented players. He can grind on the wall and retreive pucks and hit ... let him just focus on that and then more talented players in the top 6 can get him the puck. It adds more sandpaper to our top 6.

RNH Henrique Brown should be a very good 3rd line.

Josh Brown in brings another big body to our lineup who hits a lot (more than Desharnais). Lets not over react to a freaking pre-season when everyone else was playing like crap too. This guy has 300 NHL games experience and was a plus player on a bad Coyotes squad last year.
I think until Kane comes back we can’t spread McD Drai and Nuge to 3 lines. You never know though if Pod could click you could be on to something.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
I know it's probably a pipedream, but I can't help but feel management has targeted Rasmus Andersson and may have already laid some groundwork for a deal if the teams are where the belong in the standings come TDL.

They know him well, they lost Lavoie to ensure they accrued enough capspace to fit him nearly perfectly. I think he would be a great partner next to Nurse.

I know it's Calgary and why would they help us when tons of teams will be looking to add a two way RHD. But I think there is a way to sell it to them to get them to atleast give an offer from us a fair shake.

Regardless, I just can't help but feel they have targeted someone with how they seemed so adamant to accrue cap.

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
I know it's probably a pipedream, but I can't help but feel management has targeted Rasmus Andersson and may have already laid some groundwork for a deal if the teams are where the belong in the standings come TDL.

They know him well, they lost Lavoie to ensure they accrued enough capspace to fit him nearly perfectly. I think he would be a great partner next to Nurse.

I know it's Calgary and why would they help us when tons of teams will be looking to add a two way RHD. But I think there is a way to sell it to them to get them to atleast give an offer from us a fair shake.

Regardless, I just can't help but feel they have targeted someone with how they seemed so adamant to accrue cap.
People need to stop suggesting this. Hell would freeze over before Conroy trades us a quality asset

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
People need to stop suggesting this. Hell would freeze over before Conroy trades us a quality asset
I bet the flames don’t even end up sellers. I could see Huberdeau having a big year, a few of their young forwards stepping up and wolf playing really good leading them to just missing the bubble. The franchise can’t even tank properly.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I bet the flames don’t even end up sellers. I could see Huberdeau having a big year, a few of their young forwards stepping up and wolf playing really good leading them to just missing the bubble. The franchise can’t even tank properly.
?? No they will crater, their goaltending won't hold up, and once good teams get their games in order, all the plucky muster and hard work of the Flames will get crushed under a lack of overall talent.

Reactions: KlimasLoveChild

Oilmageddon

Oct 7, 2009
Report: Flames looking to add center

A trade around Philp and Andersson? Who says no?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

A trade around Philp and Andersson? Who says no?
Who says no?

I hope that’s not a serious question

Reactions: Oilhawks

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024

I'm totes cool with the Flames/Conroy reading too deeply into a hot start and trading the meager young assets they do have for an older C that doesn't do anything but cement them harder as a bubble team now and in the future. Maybe they'll be relevant again in the 2030s.

Reactions: Oilhawks and TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad