Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Where's the Beef?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Some of you are coming off like you really don’t want Emberson to succeed. Yikes.
If he's the next Devon Toews I'll be ecstatic. But that doesn't shield him from any and all criticism. Let's be real, he hasn't looked good in the Regular season. Had some positive flashes in the preseason this year and even last year. But if he's going to be realistic option on the right side, he's going to have to take some major steps forward.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I don't get what Vancouver did there. That contract was fine for a non playoff team looking to burn some cap, and with spots to fill

Desharnais simply was not good enough when the hockey got it's most intense deep in the playoffs. We didn't want him back. I don't see why Vamcouver did what they did
They were losing Zadorov and wanted someone who could fill in at a fraction of the cost not realizing that just because Desharnais is big doesn’t mean he plays like Zadorov.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
That makes zero sense. Low experience means exactly that, low experience. the more reps he gets the more he learns the league.....you know, gains experience.

He has the tools to be a good defender and is still young enough to learn how to play in the NHL. It's almost like people don't realize that it can be tough to play against the best players in the world, and that some players don't figure it out in their first game in the league.

To state he already "is what he is" after 33 NHL games is incredibly narrowminded thinking.
Every single player outside the NHL is "low experience" does that mean they all get better with "more experience"? No. Sometimes players just SUCK and experience has nothing to do with it.

He has SOME tools, that's why he's earned a cup of coffee. But will it be enough? We shall see, but he hasn't look near good enough and his top end potential is limited.

I'm not saying "he is what he is", but that remains more likely than not.

Oct 15, 2017
The best thing for Oil to find that 2RD is for Buffalo to keep tanking so they out early.

One team Oilers have swindled

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
They’d rather be right about all their offseason whining than hope that he ends up as a productive player.
Well not me. I've liked Emberson through 2 pre-seasons already. But he hasn't looked close to good enough thus far in the Regular season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad