Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Where's the Beef?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd like to see

Skinner McDavid Hyman
Podkolzin Drai Arvidsson
RNH Henrique Brown
Janmark Ryan Perry

Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse Stetcher
Kulak Brown
Emberson

The one season Podkolzin had a fair amount of success he was played with other talented players. He can grind on the wall and retreive pucks and hit ... let him just focus on that and then more talented players in the top 6 can get him the puck. It adds more sandpaper to our top 6.

RNH Henrique Brown should be a very good 3rd line.

Josh Brown in brings another big body to our lineup who hits a lot (more than Desharnais). Lets not over react to a freaking pre-season when everyone else was playing like crap too. This guy has 300 NHL games experience and was a plus player on a bad Coyotes squad last year.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Lolz that doesn't matter, they can claim as many people as they can fit

Lolz ok sure. So the avs front office is just largely not smart then by this logic

His fancies last year, according to cap site we all use now, were passable for a bottom-6 forward.
Jimmi you’re fighting the clouds. Have at it.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Stetcher is a +5 in 9 games with the Oilers playing primarily with like Nurse or Kulak.

Last night he fought a guy half a foot taller than him to stand up for our goalie.

What the f*** does this guy have to do to get a fair shot here? He's probably as good as Ceci is, maybe better in some respects.
He was trending pretty well until his ankle issue knocked him out and then he had a bit of a slow camp, but then again pretty much everyone did.

He's the best fit we've got for that 2RD spot and Nurse plays pretty well with him.

Ek-Bouch
Nurse-Stecher
Kulak-Emberson
Dermott

Let's run with that for awhile and let the pairings get used to each other a bit

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Don’t know how much patience can be left for Emberson at this point. His turnover last night killed our momentum late in the 2nd period, turned into 4 straight minutes of us looking like clowns (not all Embersons fault, but it snowballed from his play).

There’s only some ability there… but probably not enough reward for the risk of trotting him out there.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Don’t know how much patience can be left for Emberson at this point. His turnover last night killed our momentum late in the 2nd period, turned into 4 straight minutes of us looking like clowns (not all Embersons fault, but it snowballed from his play).

There’s only some ability there… but probably not enough reward for the risk of trotting him out there.
Jesus he’s 24 with 30 NHL games. He’s got size and can skate. I don’t think he’s ready to flush after a couple of games.

Reactions: bellagiobob

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Jesus he’s 24 with 30 NHL games. He’s got size and can skate. I don’t think he’s ready to flush after a couple of games.
Low experience doesn’t always mean he’s gonna get better. The odds are against him in general. Despite age and lack of experience, it’s more likely he is what he is.

But I guess we’ll see. Not like we have a choice in the matter, our RD is a revolving cast of unproven guys at this point.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
A guy to keep an eye on is Mackenzie Blackwood.

I have time for him around the deadline...
I predict Pickard won't finish the year with the big club.

Stetcher is a +5 in 9 games with the Oilers playing primarily with like Nurse or Kulak.

Last night he fought a guy half a foot taller than him to stand up for our goalie.

What the f*** does this guy have to do to get a fair shot here? He's probably as good as Ceci is, maybe better in some respects.
It defies common sense. The only thing I can think of is they don't like his size.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
He played 10 minutes because over 1/3rd of that game was special teams.
Emberson? He should be able to play on special teams, ie the PK, so that's not the good news some want to think it might be. He just might not be an NHL defenseman, early returns to me look that way.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Low experience doesn’t always mean he’s gonna get better. The odds are against him in general. Despite age and lack of experience, it’s more likely he is what he is.

But I guess we’ll see. Not like we have a choice in the matter, our RD is a revolving cast of unproven guys at this point.
That makes zero sense. Low experience means exactly that, low experience. the more reps he gets the more he learns the league.....you know, gains experience.

He has the tools to be a good defender and is still young enough to learn how to play in the NHL. It's almost like people don't realize that it can be tough to play against the best players in the world, and that some players don't figure it out in their first game in the league.

To state he already "is what he is" after 33 NHL games is incredibly narrowminded thinking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad