Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Where's the Beef?

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Lemieux would be the kind of d-bag that would stir the pot, drag our team into battle and can fight against the light heavies of the league. What is his contract like?
One year at league minimum. I think the issue is who goes down. They are clearly reluctant to demote either Ryan or Perry. I don't see any other option. And I am about 100% sure that they want the cap space for the future.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
One year at league minimum. I think the issue is who goes down. They are clearly reluctant to demote either Ryan or Perry. I don't see any other option. And I am about 100% sure that they want the cap space for the future.
The question is how high are we on Podkolzin? He is cheaper than Podkolzin but will not get any PK time. Podkolzin for me has been a one trick pony, he just hits guys. No fighting, no higher end skills to speak of other than being a plus skater.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Liljegren has two years left at $3m. There's very little likelihood he's an option.
Maybe the Leafs retain?

Regardless, nobody is selling now, except the Leafs on Liligren maybe. They probably just want to give the kid a chance elsewhere

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Desharnais -2 in 1 game and healthy scratched
Ceci -2

So far.

If you want these guys back so bad they'll probably be available for peanuts by Christmas at this rate, lol.

Give Troy Stetcher and yeah even Josh Brown and Emberson a chance here. It's not fair to judge them on a basis where the entire team was sleepwalking through most of 3 games.
I don't get what Vancouver did there. That contract was fine for a non playoff team looking to burn some cap, and with spots to fill

Desharnais simply was not good enough when the hockey got it's most intense deep in the playoffs. We didn't want him back. I don't see why Vamcouver did what they did

Reactions: NashtoNowitzki

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Lolz, ok then
You're gonna sit there and pretend Emberson and Dermott are better options than Deangelo? I'td be nice if we had a second defenseman who could actually do stuff with passes back to them when they are on the opposing blue line. Its not like the team is having trouble scoring goals or anything.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
You're gonna sit there and pretend Emberson and Dermott are better options than Deangelo? I'td be nice if we had a second defenseman who could actually do stuff with passes back to them when they are on the opposing blue line. Its not like the team is having trouble scoring goals or anything.
I actually doubt he's better. It's not as easy as saying he's just a pariah because of his conduct. His quality of play has also gone down. Plus he's a distraction.

Also we don't know what him or Shatty or Jultz was asking for. Dermott signing for league min is important for a #7, and Emberson has value in youth, and part of that is that we assume he will improve. DeAngelo will only get worse.

The real answer is who we add at the deadline.

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
I don't get what Vancouver did there. That contract was fine for a non playoff team looking to burn some cap, and with spots to fill

Desharnais simply was not good enough when the hockey got it's most intense deep in the playoffs. We didn't want him back. I don't see why Vamcouver did what they did
Their GM is one of those guys who thinks he is smarter than most people

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
I actually doubt he's better. It's not as easy as saying he's just a pariah because of his conduct. His quality of play has also gone down. Plus he's a distraction.

Also we don't know what him or Shatty or Jultz was asking for. Dermott signing for league min is important for a #7, and Emberson has value in youth, and part of that is that we assume he will improve. DeAngelo will only get worse.

The real answer is who we add at the deadline.
lol you can't survive with this d core you have like 3 defenseman who actively hurt offensive plays they are gonna be barely competing for a playoff spot if they don't address that before the trade deadline.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
lol you can't survive with this d core you have like 3 defenseman who actively hurt offensive plays they are gonna be barely competing for a playoff spot if they don't address that before the trade deadline.
Imo part of why they didn't add one of these unsigned RDs is because the plan is to add before the deadline.

All of Shatty, Deangelo and Jultz are very similar in total impact as Stecher, Dermott and Emberson. If there is an upgrade we are talking very marginally. It's not like any teams are tripping over themselves to add those 3 UFAs, and quite frankly DeAngelo is probably #3 on that list

Reactions: TheGingaNinja

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad