Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Vegas Claims Raph Lavoie off Waivers, Everyone Else Cleared

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Didn't the Kostin Samaroukov trade happen after both cleared waivers on their original teams?

Glad to have Lavoie apparently heading back to Edmonton's depth chart. Still don't entirely rule out a deckchair move for a fresh start move like the Kostin deal. But still good to have a big shooter who's near NHL ready in the system than not.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
If he was NHL ready, he would be on a NHL roster given he was just offered to all 31 other teams. Nows hes been waive twice in 3 days. Shows it isn't just the Oilers that think he isn't ready.

Vegas chose Schwindt over him.

Oilers get first dibs regardless of who places a claim. If the oilers are the only claim we can send him down to the AHL. IF another team makes a claim along with us, we still get him back, but can't send him to the AHL without waivers again.

This turned out well for us, our org just got 41k out of Vegas for nothing.
you forgot the part where if Lavoie ends up scoring 10 or more goals for the oilers the oilers have to give vegas the next 5 1st round picks cause thats how vegas works

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Didn't the Kostin Samaroukov trade happen after both cleared waivers on their original teams?

Glad to have Lavoie apparently heading back to Edmonton's depth chart. Still don't entirely rule out a deckchair move for a fresh start move like the Kostin deal. But still good to have a big shooter who's near NHL ready in the system than not.
If I’m not mistaken if there’s been no other claims the Oilers can send him directly to Bako which could help facilitate a trade.

I’d still like to see them give him a chance with the big club. Maybe once they complete all their cap maneuvering they will call him up and get him in the lineup.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If I’m not mistaken if there’s been no other claims the Oilers can send him directly to Bako which could help facilitate a trade.

I’d still like to see them give him a chance with the big club. Maybe once they complete all their cap maneuvering they will call him up and get him in the lineup.

Nope. They want to accrue cap space which is why he was waived in the first place. He could be a useful call up if there’s an injury to a winger down the road or a winger underperforming.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

Yep, he can do not pass go, go directly to Bako if no claims put in. I've long wondered about a fresh start deal similar to Kostin but personally I'd be abit surprised if the Oilers deviate to keep him on the NHL roster. If he stays in the organization, get this guy big ice in the A and continue to build up his two-way game with key situational defensive situational play.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'm thinking that the best potential value option to fill that RD role long-term is Jacob Trouba. A three-way where the Rangers pay the third team to retain half. With Shestyerkin likely costing them $11m+ and Lafreniere and Miller needing extensions, they're going to be pretty desperate to open up space.

I know he's not the most favorable name or there, but he's a high character veteran who brings a lot of the intangibles that are preferred from a potential partner for Nurse.
Nurse needs less chaos, Trouba brings more.
These ideas of Trouba and Ristolainen, these toolsy players with rocks for brains, are the absolute worst D partner for a....toolsy player with rocks for brains.

I'm actually intrigued to see if Emberson becomes a long term fit. I know some are writing him off because of lack of experience and not knowing much of anything about him but he's 24 and plays the style of game that should mesh well with Nurse so I think this could be a better fit than most seem to think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad