Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Vegas Claims Raph Lavoie off Waivers, Everyone Else Cleared

North

Jun 25, 2009
This team made it to game seven of the Stanley Cup final.

We didn’t lose a Pronger level player during the off season this time but the way some people are behaving you’d think we lost several world beaters and completely missed the playoffs for a decade.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I can’t believe Vegas would risk losing a young piece like Lavoie on waivers. Idiots!

Stunning that an elite of the elite organization like Vegas would simply waive such a hot young player. Horrific asset management. How could they possibly expose such a quality young player that lit up the pre-season!?

Right? Am I doing this right?
F, beat me to it!

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
So we can claim Lavoie and immediately assign him to the Condors now right? Much ado about nothing.

Surely if this is true then he pretty much isn't a thing right? Can't be a lot of successful career paths for one dimensional wingers who aren't NHL ready after 200 AHL games.
If he was NHL ready, he would be on a NHL roster given he was just offered to all 31 other teams. Nows hes been waive twice in 3 days. Shows it isn't just the Oilers that think he isn't ready.

Vegas chose Schwindt over him.

wouldn't other teams lower in the standings get first dibs? maybe DVD knows no one else wants him
Oilers get first dibs regardless of who places a claim. If the oilers are the only claim we can send him down to the AHL. IF another team makes a claim along with us, we still get him back, but can't send him to the AHL without waivers again.

This turned out well for us, our org just got 41k out of Vegas for nothing.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If he was NHL ready, he would be on a NHL roster given he was just offered to all 31 other teams. Nows hes been waive twice in 3 days. Shows it isn't just the Oilers that think he isn't ready.

Vegas chose Schwindt over him.
I think what happened is they just put claims on both in case they didn't get one or the other.

Reactions: subnet

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Lavoie back on waivers Wtfff hahahah

I guess every team DOES have one or two Lavoie’s…….

9B7088F9-A3DA-49EE-BB6F-4D08A258E143.gif

Today I am the wrestler and @Jarvi is the guy in red. :sarcasm:

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Vegas paid us 41k for the transaaction. Do we have to give the money back if we reclaim him?

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Trouba can’t defend. Oh my goodness. He needs a babysitter.

The Rangers would love to be rid of him.
And like I said, that desperation is the only reason that they'd be paying the cost of retention.

Nurse needs a partner that can handle his workload. And that defenseman also needs to come from the current market of realistically available defenders. He also needs to come within the Oilers' very specific cap structure and not cost the farm.

When Nurse's best season came in a year where he spent the majority of his time paired with Ethan Bear, I don't really have a preference for the type of player. IMO it's more important that we not blow every disposable asset trying to find the perfect fit.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Stunning that an elite of the elite organization like Vegas would simply waive such a hot young player. Horrific asset management. How could they possibly expose such a quality young player that lit up the pre-season!?

Right? Am I doing this right?

Your close. You still need to post 682 more times the same thing. @Jarvi can you please grade K1984 if he’s doing this right? Or does he need to be more of a prick?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad