Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Vegas Claims Raph Lavoie off Waivers, Everyone Else Cleared

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
So what's the line up right now:

Hyman-McDavid-RNH
Skinner-Draisaitl-Arvidsson
Janmark-Henrique-Brown
?-Ryan-Perry

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Emberson
Kulak-Stetcher

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Ya. Better we were chasing guys like Jeff Skinner who never played a play off game in his life rather than work to sign two guys we drafted and developed and just played in a game seven for us.

Definitely better to hold a guy that plays half of every season (at best) while scoring at a rate nearing zero at $2.5M than a guy that scores around 30 every year at $3M for one season. Makes sense.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
4iwdq91avhv81.jpg
Nacho, Nacho Man..I want to be a Nacho man.

Funny episode.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I cannot understand the people upset about Philp in the A to start. He had a great camp and will 100% be back with the big team this year but he missed an ENTIRE YEAR OF HOCKEY. He needs to play big minutes and lots of games. It's one thing to look good in a few pre-season games and another entirely to be ready for an 82 game grind. The team is absolutely correct in sending him down for some time to get as many minutes and reps as possible. And then he will be back up.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I cannot understand the people upset about Philp in the A to start. He had a great camp and will 100% be back with the big team this year but he missed an ENTIRE YEAR OF HOCKEY. He needs to play big minutes and lots of games. It's one thing to look good in a few pre-season games and another entirely to be ready for an 82 game grind. The team is absolutely correct in sending him down for some time to get as many minutes and reps as possible. And then he will be back up.
I just figured they were sending him down to give him playing time to start and then keeping Lavoie up to give him a bit longer of a look in the 4th line. But like, they didn't do that. Lavoie another cap casualty really cause they needed to recall Savoie for cap gymnastics.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I just figured they were sending him down to give him playing time to start and then keeping Lavoie up to give him a bit longer of a look in the 4th line. But like, they didn't do that. Lavoie another cap casualty really cause they needed to recall Savoie for cap gymnastics.

Edit. Nvm. Lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: CycloneSweep

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'm thinking that the best potential value option to fill that RD role long-term is Jacob Trouba. A three-way where the Rangers pay the third team to retain half. With Shestyerkin likely costing them $11m+ and Lafreniere and Miller needing extensions, they're going to be pretty desperate to open up space.

I know he's not the most favorable name or there, but he's a high character veteran who brings a lot of the intangibles that are preferred from a potential partner for Nurse.

Reactions: The Nuge

North

Jun 25, 2009
I'm thinking that the best potential value option to fill that RD role long-term is Jacob Trouba. A three-way where the Rangers pay the third team to retain half. With Shestyerkin likely costing them $11m+ and Lafreniere and Miller needing extensions, they're going to be pretty desperate to open up space.

I know he's not the most favorable name or there, but he's a high character veteran who brings a lot of the intangibles that are preferred from a potential partner for Nurse.
Trouba can’t defend. Oh my goodness. He needs a babysitter.

The Rangers would love to be rid of him.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

interesting, another 2-way deal, this one for Dermott, I wonder what the salary difference is NHL v. AHL. (obviously I expect him to be around league minimum in the NHL)

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

He's a circus defender in a similar vein to Nurse. That pairing would be an absolute disaster.

Nurse needs a steady, reliable, predictable player with him that can move the puck. Trouba is none of those things.

Reactions: CupofOil and North

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

I prefer the Oilers do the Rangers a favor and take Lafreniere and Miller off their hands

Oilgasms

May 7, 2011
Edmonton
Well I think the most interesting storyline going into the season will be how the Arvidsson - Draisaitl - Skinner line performs coming out of the gate.

Skinner is not far removed from putting up an 82 points (61 pts 5v5) while playing with Tuch and Thompson in 2022-23. They all took a step back last year - I don't watch enough Buffalo games to know exactly why but Thompson claimed their success was that the big boys Tuch and Thompson would be relentless on the puck while Skinner "is super strong on the puck and reads plays really well so he can kind of read off of us on the forecheck.”

Arvidsson has spent most his time playing with Danault and Moore. Good second line players who claim that "Some of their best work comes from their ability to cycle in the offensive zone or create turnovers by applying backpressure on puck carries attempting to exit their zone."

Draisaitl spent alot of time with Foegele and Mcleod last year, players who were fast but not very cerebral. Best case scenario is that Arvy and Drai work as a puck retrieval unit while Skinner find holes in the defense and can pocket some goals.

We can always just load up the top line when it's not working lol

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Definitely better to hold a guy that plays half of every season (at best) while scoring at a rate nearing zero at $2.5M than a guy that scores around 30 every year at $3M for one season. Makes sense.
You clearly missed the point as well.

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
We can always just load up the top line when it's not working lol

I mean, we may find out after all that the following works better than anything else...

Hyman-McDavid-Draisaitl
Skinner-RNH-Arvidsson

Do I hope that's the case? No, it's better to separate the two mega centers IMO, but Nuge has the smarts and attention to detail necessary to center two possession-driven wingers. In fact, that line reminds me a lot of the Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith unit that was key to Vegas for so long.

Reactions: TB12 and Oilgasms

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
To some people on here the preseason is more important than the Stanley Cup finals. Every year people freak out with hyperbolic opinions on preseason performances. A few years ago it was Rattie and Puljujarvi after huge preseasons. This year its the opposite and the entire team is shit because they played uninspired hockey after losing in game 7 of the cup finals 3 and a half months ago.

Totally agree that the AHL is a good place to start for Philp after an awesome surprising camp. He'll be back soon.

North

Jun 25, 2009
The point is Holloway could have been signed for less than 2.5 if they didn't prioritize guys like Jeff Skinner.

So there is a point, whether you agree with it or not.
They did try to sign him for less. He turned it down.

The problem is the “point” you’re making has been refuted.

They tried to sign him to a deal in line with what other RFAs of his level make and he went for the offer sheet.

Imagine a Nurse-Trouba pairing......... maybe two negatives make a positive.
Nightmare fuel.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
They did try to sign him for less. He turned it down.

The problem is the “point” you’re making has been refuted.

They tried to sign him to a deal in line with what other RFAs of his level make and he went for the offer sheet.

Nightmare fuel.
There was an opportunity between 1 million and 2.4. They signed a washed Perry for 1.4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad