Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Vegas Claims Raph Lavoie off Waivers, Everyone Else Cleared

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Vegas has to send Brendan Brisson and potentially Alex Holtz to the minors in order to keep Lavoie on their roster so the leash for him there is going to be extremely short. Wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he’s back on waivers and off to Bakersfield before November hits.
If he can't cut the mustard there, a team with zero wing depth, I honestly wouldn't even bother taking him back.

Reactions: Faelko

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
You might say the Connor Brown contract from last year is a bigger problem? Could have matched on Holloway and had the space this year for Lavoie.
Problems all around.
Worst goaltending duo, worst defense group, slow bottom 6 and J.Skinner hasn't looked good at all.
Mix in No cap space. Draft picks and sad management decisions.

Let's see how far McD can take us this year. Bottom 5 team without him.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
vegas claimed a 14/15th fwd from calgary too, they must be desperate. vegas was super low on the priority on waivers so 20+ teams passed on lavoie, his skating isnt good enough to be a regular nhl player. obviously i would have liked them to trade him and get something back but it is what it is. i dont think he moves the needle for vegas in any way, maybe slightly less worse

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
Problems all around.
Worst goaltending duo, worst defense group, slow bottom 6 and J.Skinner hasn't looked good at all.

A wee bit dramatic, especially the “worst goalie tandem (that just went to game 7 of the finals), D corps that is largely the same and perhaps improved once real games start. Agree the bottom 6 is old and slow but Lavoie wasn’t exactly making it any faster. Sucks losing Lavoie for nothing

AUAIOMRN

Aug 22, 2005
Edmonton
You might say the Connor Brown contract from last year is a bigger problem? Could have matched on Holloway and had the roster space this year for Lavoie.
Or the J. Skinner contract if he doesn't get it together.

On the bright side, if we win a Cup in the next few seasons then no one will even care that we lost Broberg, Holloway and Lavoie for practically nothing.
That's not a bright side until it actually happens :confused:

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Lavoie had a lot of chances to earn a spot. He is a classic one trick pony. He has a great shot, but this team has plenty of what he offers: 97, 29, 18, 93, Bouchard, Arvidsson, Skinner, Kane (when healthy), Henrique...

I expect him to be waived by Vegas eventually. He will be an excellent player in Sweden or the Swiss league someday.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Problems all around.

Ummm... as others have said, this is a bit overly dramatic.

As for cap space... that's just incorrect. We had $945K before Dermott, who I understand brings it to $845K. That projects to be about $4M in available AAV spend at the deadline. That's far more than what we had last year... where every dollar in needed a dollar out.

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
Vegas probably trolling us. Not even about the player. Our pool of youth that looks even remotely able to contribute at the NHL level is poor. Vegas making it even worse now.

Random Vegas management stooge: “Kelly, our analytics department says there are better options for the waiver claim”

McRimjob: “But this Lavoie kid plays for the Oilers”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad