Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
well-were-waiting-sarcastic.gif

06cad031cca7d7117dd12232cbeac17d.gif

sad-pablo-lonely.gif

7bn354.jpg

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
Ken has another Canadian college free agent to scout probably, no time for addressing his NHL roster.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Holland has to clear cap to run a proper roster, expecially with the flu going around

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We gonna call up Desharnais today or what? We're only playing ... uh some team named Colorado next, are they supposed to be good? How many players miss more than an entire week due to the "flu"?

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
Idea, trade for a guy like Bryan Little out of Arizona (maybe with Bjugstad) and ice a full roster. That would be cool.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We gonna call up Desharnais today or what? We're only playing ... uh some team named Colorado next, are they supposed to be good? How many players miss more than an entire week due to the "flu"?
No idea. To call him up we have to waive someone by noon, but because the game is at 1pm tomorrow, we wouldn’t be able to call him up to noon tomorrow so I don’t know if we are technically allowed to. I think all we could do is assign Broberg to being up Desharnais but I guess we will know within an hour here. My money would be on no.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
No idea. To call him up we have to waive someone by noon, but because the game is at 1pm tomorrow, we wouldn’t be able to call him up to noon tomorrow so I don’t know if we are technically allowed to. I think all we could do is assign Broberg to being up Desharnais but I guess we will know within an hour here. My money would be on no.

No rush Kenny. We're securely 1st in the Pacific, so we can afford to let Colorado eat our lunch on the PP next game. PK and defending the front of your net is overrated anyway. Amirite?

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Idea, trade for a guy like Bryan Little out of Arizona (maybe with Bjugstad) and ice a full roster. That would be cool.
That isn't how LTI works. Little would only be beneficial to us if he was acquired for equal money we were sending out. Doubtful that they're in a rush to trade him, too. I'd assume that it's a contract that helps them hit the cap floor and it's probably insured.

No rush Kenny. We're securely 1st in the Pacific, so we can afford to let Colorado eat our lunch on the PP next game. PK and defending the front of your net is overrated anyway. Amirite?
The only reason the Oilers give up PP goals is because Vincent Desharnais, PK God, isn't in the lineup.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
That isn't how LTI works. Little would only be beneficial to us if he was acquired for equal money we were sending out. Doubtful that they're in a rush to trade him, too. I'd assume that it's a contract that helps them hit the cap floor and it's probably insured.

The only reason the Oilers give up PP goals is because Vincent Desharnais, PK God, isn't in the lineup.
Ahh, good to know. Okay fine Holland, this isn't as easy as everyone thinks. lol

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Ken Holland is failing this team horribly. I would argue Desharnais + Holloway are not only significantly cheaper than needing Yamo + Pulju in the lineup, but they are both more impactful. Especially Desharnais.

This is an abject failure any way you look at it. Highest paid GM in the entire league is sewering our season while we're on the brink of being out of a playoff spot. Hello?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Ken Holland is failing this team horribly. I would argue Desharnais + Holloway are not only significantly cheaper than needing Yamo + Pulju in the lineup, but they are both more impactful. Especially Desharnais.

This is an abject failure any way you look at it. Highest paid GM in the entire league is sewering our season while we're on the brink of being out of a playoff spot. Hello?
Holloway is a nothing player at this point and if having Desharnais out is “sewering” the season then this team should draft top 10 this year

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023

He needs to not wait until the deadline. We are 5 points out of being #1 in the West

It hurts to think of these OT/So losses and sh** game against MTL

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Nothing to back this up besides my own feelings.Can't help but think a trade was made but fell thr at the last minute a few days ago. After the press conference sh** eating grin on woodCraft and the media not knowing what's going on made me think a trade fell thr

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

What an asshole of a schedule. Play in Edmonton Friday night then play in Denver early Sunday afternoon.

Calgary is the only real threat left and they're 6 points back. Nashville is also running out of roadway to catch Edmonton (11 points back). Everyone else below is out of it. Edmonton is also three points out of first place right now.

But I do agree he can't wait until the 3rd to pull the trigger. That said, he can't control what other GMs do with their players and force them into an earlier trade.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I like how just repeating back Holland's actions is considered a slur. That should tell you something about the person you're stanning for.
What are you even talking about? We were talking about how having Holloway out was a travesty and I said Holloway isn’t much of a player right now and his response was “hurr durr who drafted him”

But yes. Me, I’m standing for Holland. Reading comprehension escapes you doesn’t it.

Reactions: PULSATING

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
What are you even talking about? We were talking about how having Holloway out was a travesty and I said Holloway isn’t much of a player right now and his response was “hurr durr who drafted him”

Well which is it? You can't have it both ways- either Holland f***ed up by making yet another underwhelming selection in the first round, or he's mismanaged the cap to the point he can't dress his best players. There's no "moving the goalposts" there. It's one or the other.

But yes. Me, I’m standing for Holland. Reading comprehension escapes you doesn’t it.

And it remains a complete mystery as to why you'd continue to debase yourself like that, but you do you.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Well which is it? You can't have it both ways- either Holland f***ed up by making yet another underwhelming selection in the first round, or he's mismanaged the cap to the point he can't dress his best players. There's no "moving the goalposts" there. It's one or the other.

And it remains a complete mystery as to why you'd continue to debase yourself like that, but you do you.
So imma go with no reading comprehension. Cheers.

Reactions: Seachd

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016

They're also on the brink of being 1st in the division. Does that mean everyone above them is on the brink of being out of a playoff spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad