Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Free Agent Frenzy, Will JJ Show His Pimp Hand Again to Upgrade the Defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
If we do go with Bowman, how much will it impact us retaining and bringing in guys? Can imagine at least a few players refusing to play for us.

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Oilers have given guys second chances- Kane, Perry but this is too far and way beyond the magnitude of either of those two did. If it's Bowman it's extremely disappointing for multiple reasons and will be a massive PR mistake after gaining so much goodwill this off-season. Hopefully it's actually Botterill.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
It’s Stan Bowman guys…
pepe-angry-snake.jpg

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Bowman would be funny just for the head explosions and watching some people struggle with that conflict all season long. Overall most people won’t care as long as the team is winning.

I still don’t think it will be him though, My guess is Botterill. Outside chance Hunter but I get the feeling he’s happy in London and it would take an incredible opportunity to pry him away. Which the Edmonton GM job kind of is, Wagon of a team in the midst of Cup runs with the best player in the world. Who wouldnt want that job, Jackson should have his pick of the litter, which makes the Bowman smoke even more strange. He can put just about anyone in that chair and this is the guy?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Wish they would just get it over with already.
For the summer he had this move would erase everything to me.

Bowman doesn't deserve to just come back and be a GM again. Second chance whatever, but not in the same role. Needs to work his way back up IMO, before being given a GM role.

Guy wasn't even that good of a GM in the first place either.

I get it that this isn't going to be a traditional GM role, but the guy is still going to have the title and be the go to for a lot of things.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
For the summer he had this move would erase everything to me.

Bowman doesn't deserve to just come back and be a GM again. Second chance whatever, but not in the same role. Needs to work his way back up IMO, before being given a GM role.

Guy wasn't even that good of a GM in the first place either.

I get it that this isn't going to be a traditional GM role, but the guy is still going to have the title and be the go to for a lot of things.
The summer? It honestly cast a shadow of the last 6 months. They cannot do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad