Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Free Agent Frenzy, Will JJ Show His Pimp Hand Again to Upgrade the Defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Grade 10 reading.
I said Hplland had the original offer out. JJ completed the negotiations.
I also said, neither one of us can prove our points
Well, your theory would be a violation of FA rules and logically doesn't make sense, as Holland couldn't have predicted the future (of what cap space would have been available to offer for a contract).
What you are saying is nonsense.

Boy, it sure doesn't sound like Holland had an extension already in place as you're thinking:

"Jackson on signing trade-deadline acquisition Adam Henrique to stay in Edmonton:

"I would say we're still working on that. It's to be determined, so we would love to have him back. We just have to find a way to do it. I'm sure he's got interest from other teams. He's an outstanding individual and he's a very good player. A veteran player. So we're working on it, but we're not at the finish line yet. We'll see how that goes."

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
Well, your theory would be a violation of FA rules and logically doesn't make sense, as Holland couldn't have predicted the future (of what cap space would have been available to offer for a contract).
What you are saying is nonsense.

Boy, it sure doesn't sound like Holland had an extension already in place as you're thinking:

"Jackson on signing trade-deadline acquisition Adam Henrique to stay in Edmonton:

"I would say we're still working on that. It's to be determined, so we would love to have him back. We just have to find a way to do it. I'm sure he's got interest from other teams. He's an outstanding individual and he's a very good player. A veteran player. So we're working on it, but we're not at the finish line yet. We'll see how that goes."

Come on man, you are smarter than that. Henrique was Oiler property until July 1. They can negotiate all they want.
JJ is working on it, that is called negotiating.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Come on man, you are smarter than that. Henrique was Oiler property until July 1. They can negotiate all they want.
JJ is working on it, that is called negotiating.
Finally! You admit that there was no contract in place until JJ and Rico agreed to a deal. Sure AF (once again), Holland had nothing to do with it. JJ had been running the show for some time by that point. If you don't see that, I can't help you.
Why would JJ let a guy on the way out (who reportedly wasn't happy with how things shook out) negotiate extensions when they were pressed to the cap? Arguably in one of the most important FAs this team was ever going into?

Last edited:

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
Finally! You admit that there was no contract in place until JJ and Rico agreed to a deal. Sure AF (once again), Holland had nothing to do with it. JJ had been running the show for some time by that point. If you don't see that, I can't help you.
Negotiations on the offer made earlier, probably with Holland ( JJ was aware for sure).
Let's talk cap, which you bring up alot.
Skinner signs out of the blue for 3 million, nobody expected that possibility.
Currently we are over by approx 400 K.
Without the Skinner signing, the signing of our 2 RFAs at 1.2 million each we would be just under cap. That is why the original offer to Henrique around 3 million, to keep us under the cap. JJ closed the deal. That is how I see it. Again, Friedman confirms Holland was to make the offer to keep Henrique here.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Negotiations on the offer made earlier, probably with Holland ( JJ was aware for sure).
Let's talk cap, which you bring up alot.
Skinner signs out of the blue for 3 million, nobody expected that possibility.
Currently we are over by approx 400 K.
Without the Skinner signing, the signing of our 2 RFAs at 1.2 million each we would be just under cap. That is why the original offer to Henrique around 3 million, to keep us under the cap. JJ closed the deal. That is how I see it. Again, Friedman confirms Holland was to make the offer to keep Henrique here.
Friedman said they'd like to bring him back. Everyone and their pet beagle knew this already. It was not expected to happen however, as it was figured he was out of our price range (as shown with one of my previous links). It was not expected that Rico would take such a pay cut, which is also why Oiler fans were so happy. Holland helped build the current culture, but sure AF was not involved in those extensions.

JJ had been at the helm for some time, and Holland relegated to an "advisor" role. I don't know if you've ever rode out a contract you know is ending, and your replacement has already been doing your job for a while. You're not going to be making any important decisions...

Last edited:

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Bob Stauffer says he expects the Oilers new GM to be someone who has already been in the chair before

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
Friedman said they'd like to bring him back. Everyone and their pet beagle knew this already. It was not expected to happen however, as it was figured he was out of our price range (as shown with one of my previous links). It was not expected that Rico would take such a pay cut, which is also why Oiler fans were so happy. Holland helped build the current culture, but sure AF was not involved in those extensions.

JJ had been at the helm for some time, and Holland relegated to an "advisor" role. I don't know if you've ever rode out a contract you know is ending, and your replacement has already been doing your job for a while. You're not going to be making any important decisions...
You could be right but I have heard they were thinking Ken would take an advisory role.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
You could be right but I have heard they were thinking Ken would take an advisory role.
I think they did offer it to him, but I also think he realized that he wouldn't be making any decisions at all. I can't see someone like Holland taking that role after supposedly being pushed aside.

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
I think they did offer it to him, but I also think he realized that he wouldn't be making any decisions at all. I can't see someone like Holland taking that role after supposedly being pushed aside.
So he might have still had somme pull after TDL

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
He did own a team that won 5 cups.

Those banners are still hanging there. No buy low on Gretzky, no championships. No sell high, no hatred.

Truly stayed around long enough to be a villain.

Were you alive for the Gainers strike in the 80's? He was a bad guy early on. but because the oilers won? His sins were ignored. He also owned several apartment complexes that were barely liveable

After the deal the Alberta government announced $61 million in loans and loan guarantees for Gainers to help build a packing plant in Picture Butte, a plant that was never constructed.

Reactions: Bobieque

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
I think they did offer it to him, but I also think he realized that he wouldn't be making any decisions at all. I can't see someone like Holland taking that role after supposedly being pushed aside
So he might have still had somme pull after TDL
Doubtful. I think JJ and Holland knew early on that he wouldn't be the GM moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad